lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2019, 06:18 PM   #11
fishbones
Getting Wild

Default Re: Mounting a seed spreader on Front of DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAZYMATT View Post
The Jake's long travel lift kit has a 2" receiver hitch integrated into the front lift kit but it's pricey. I'm sure you could make something. Also they make a front rack for the club car ds for sporting clays, maybe could mount it to this? Google image search "club car front rack"
That was one option I was thinking, you could cut a couple openings in the front to put the mounts into, just not sure how good it would fasten to the steel mesh of those baskets as its made to fasten to tubular racks and I dont see one available for carts yet. My other option was to put a front receiver on but that would also be fabricated as I dont see one made for the DS anywhere.
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-31-2019, 06:22 PM   #12
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Moon's right. [We have one on a 4 wheeler. We have a Herd seeder, works well frost seeding clover as long as you take the time to set it correctly.] Mount it to the extreme rear of your bed/cargo box and wire it up. You will need to fashion an extension so as to be able to open and close the gate from the seat.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:28 PM   #13
EzgoTXT2002
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Good deal fishbones.

I edited my post.
EzgoTXT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:41 PM   #14
fishbones
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzgoTXT2002 View Post
Good deal fishbones.

I edited my post.
thats an awesome thought on adding a motor like that, thank you
Old 01-31-2019, 08:42 PM   #15
fishbones
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dundeebarnbuggy View Post
Moon's right. [We have one on a 4 wheeler. We have a Herd seeder, works well frost seeding clover as long as you take the time to set it correctly.] Mount it to the extreme rear of your bed/cargo box and wire it up. You will need to fashion an extension so as to be able to open and close the gate from the seat.
Thanks, was looking at herds as some buddies said they were awesome, pricey but awesome and can control small seeds well.
It looks like you could also rig one to mount up front with a little fab work
Old 01-31-2019, 09:09 PM   #16
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

You don't want it on the front. First, you are gonna get stray seeds in the face unless you have a windshield sealed tight to your cowl and 2 the spread pattern which includes the angle at which the seed hits the ground will be wrong. You want the seed to drop as vertically as possible when it meets the soil to not have little piles in front of every clod of dirt and nothing behind. This is accomplished by design by the seeder/cart moving forward while the seed is thrown rearward. Also, you will have a rod or lever to open and close the gate and would have to route it around [or through] the windshield if you have one.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:46 AM   #17
Roxyflash
Gone Wild
Club Car

Rut row where’s scooby
Roxyflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:20 AM   #18
fishbones
Getting Wild

Quote:
You don't want it on the front. First, you are gonna get stray seeds in the face unless you have a windshield sealed tight to your cowl and 2 the spread pattern which includes the angle at which the seed hits the ground will be wrong. You want the seed to drop as vertically as possible when it meets the soil to not have little piles in front of every clod of dirt and nothing behind. This is accomplished by design by the seeder/cart moving forward while the seed is thrown rearward. Also, you will have a rod or lever to open and close the gate and would have to route it around [or through] the windshield if you have one.
Those are some good points, none my buddies have ever complained about with their ATV front mounts but I can see that being an issue. Even with a tow behind, if your hitch is not exactly level you would run into the same issue I would think. Thanks for the info. Its hard to find a good pull behind that would do all things well, most work well for larger seeds, lime and fertilizer but not small seeds and I think the herds tow behind are pretty pricey.
All good ideas, much appreciated.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:45 AM   #19
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Pedigreed legume and grass seeds are running from 250 to 400$ per bag. I don't take chances with a chicom plastic, mickey mouse seeder.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:59 AM   #20
BigOL3
Gone Wild

Quote:
Pedigreed legume and grass seeds are running from 250 to 400$ per bag. I don't take chances with a chicom plastic, mickey mouse seeder.
BigOL3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car