lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2019, 08:19 PM   #1
fishbones
Getting Wild

Default 94 DS accessories wiring and 12V reducer

I have a 4 wire, 12V reducer and I was going to hook it to a marine type fuse panel, is it ok to run the positive and negative reducer out wires to the positive and negative on the fuse panel?
I see Scotty sells one with a 5th wire for key switch, wish I would have known first.

Off my fuse block I am running wires to lights and a dual accessory plug (cig lighter and USB).

Also, I got a pack charge meter with my SR48500 kit and the instructions say to best connect directly to batteries so I did, its on all the time, is that truly best and should you put a fuse inline or should it be run off key switch.
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2019, 09:04 PM   #2
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: 94 DS accessories wiring and 12V reducer

I would run them to the fuse panel and then run everything off that.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:42 AM   #3
fishbones
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
I would run them to the fuse panel and then run everything off that.
Ok, thanks,
I was unsure on the whole grounding thing on these carts, guess I still cant get my head around having batteries in series yet still using the negative battery post for grounding.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:29 PM   #4
HaulnA$$
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Ok, thanks,
I was unsure on the whole grounding thing on these carts, guess I still cant get my head around having batteries in series yet still using the negative battery post for grounding.
Rather than thinking of “ground” in the traditional sense, think of it as the pack negative terminal being the common return point for all DC current whether it is from pack positive or reducer output.

As for your volt meter, you can connect it to the cold side of the key switch (blue wire) so that the meter is on only when the key is on. That is how I have mine wired. While charging, my Yewey charger gives a voltage reading so I don’t need to reference the dash meter. HTH
HaulnA$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 04:29 PM   #5
fishbones
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaulnA$$ View Post
Rather than thinking of “ground” in the traditional sense, think of it as the pack negative terminal being the common return point for all DC current whether it is from pack positive or reducer output.

As for your volt meter, you can connect it to the cold side of the key switch (blue wire) so that the meter is on only when the key is on. That is how I have mine wired. While charging, my Yewey charger gives a voltage reading so I don’t need to reference the dash meter. HTH
Thanks, hows your readings that way? The install document said you could do it that way but it would be not as accurate as going straight to pack.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:06 PM   #6
HaulnA$$
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Thanks, hows your readings that way? The install document said you could do it that way but it would be not as accurate as going straight to pack.
I ran the meter negative directly to pack negative and meter positive to the blue wire terminal at the switch. Meter reads .1V less than my Fluke 87 reads directly across the pack. HTH.
HaulnA$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:42 AM   #7
fishbones
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaulnA$$ View Post
I ran the meter negative directly to pack negative and meter positive to the blue wire terminal at the switch. Meter reads .1V less than my Fluke 87 reads directly across the pack. HTH.
Sweet, easy change, thanks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car