lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2019, 03:02 PM   #1
1arunem
Gone Wild

Default Drive Belt question

Is there a difference in the drive belt for a G29? I see some belts advertised G2 - G22, others show G2 - Drive (G29) and one vendor lists a drive belt for G29 (2007 - 2011).

I am currently looking for one for a 2013 (per vin sticker) G29.

I took the old one off and set it next to a belt for one of my G16's and they look the same length.

Thanks!
1arunem is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2019, 06:40 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Drive Belt question

So here becomes the issue.

If your cart has the original clutches on it, then you need a JW1 belt. But if your clutches have been updated to the new stuff, then you need the J55 belt.

So, if you have team clutches, JW1 belt, any other clutch, J55 belt
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:46 PM   #3
1arunem
Gone Wild

I am assuming JW1 since my G16 belt is the same length?
Old 03-04-2019, 07:02 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

What's the number on the current belt? Can you post a pic of your clutches? If you can post a pic of the clutches, I can immediately tell you a belt part number. Also, avoid all "stock style" aftermarket belts, they are truely inferior to the OEM belt and the upgrades. The OEM belt from Yamaha is the bare minimum, and the heavy duty belts from Plowmans or G-boost are better.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:27 PM   #5
1arunem
Gone Wild

There is no legible number on the old belt. Here is a picture of the clutch sorry for the poor quality. The camera on my phone is on the fritz..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clutch.jpg (102.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-04-2019, 11:34 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Perfect! Yamaha part number J55-G6241 belt, Or Gboost DBYAJ57H. I used to go through stock belts every 18 months on my lifted cart, put a Gboost belt on there, and never went through a belt again! (Cheap aftermarket belts don't last 2 years, even on stock carts). The awesome belt is only about $15 more than the OEM belt, totally worth the money for something you probably will never replace again.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:17 AM   #7
1arunem
Gone Wild

Thanks!
Old 03-05-2019, 10:16 AM   #8
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Perfect! Yamaha part number J55-G6241 belt, Or Gboost DBYAJ57H. I used to go through stock belts every 18 months on my lifted cart, put a Gboost belt on there, and never went through a belt again! (Cheap aftermarket belts don't last 2 years, even on stock carts). The awesome belt is only about $15 more than the OEM belt, totally worth the money for something you probably will never replace again.

Here where I am at, the Gboost belts don't work, they come apart. The stock belts on every model work the best. Ill add though, we cant use the J55 Yamaha belt as that doesn't work well here, but the JC0, or J0B belts work very well.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:07 AM   #9
1arunem
Gone Wild

Why will they not work? Is there a length difference? Construction of material? Etc?
Old 03-06-2019, 12:35 PM   #10
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

They all fit, but I agree with those that say the aftermarket belts don't work. The GBoost belts are good, just here where I am they don't and it seems to be a heat issue/clutch issue that makes them come apart. The Yamaha JCO belt is a copy of the Gboost extreme belt and doesn't come apart here. Yamaha has had clutch issues for a time now. The 2017 and above black cover drive clutch have had no issues that I have seen.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha