lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2019, 10:47 PM   #1
MrRudog
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Yamaha G1 governor bypass questions

Ok kids...HELP! Please... Somewhere I thought I read something about the butterfly in the exhaust, and the governor shaft on top of the trans need wired up to not move. Yet another article said the butterfly just needed unhooked to move freely (go with the flow so to speak). I don't want to destroy my baby girl by messing up. The Yamaha governor by pass thread here is awesome, I guess somewhere I got confused.
Thank you for the info.
p.s. man I love this site, I've learned so much!
MrRudog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2019, 09:04 AM   #2
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 governor bypass questions

One thing some suggest that drives me nuts is to drill out the bracket on the differential. One its not needed and 2 once you do that, that's it, your not going to find that bracket again if you ever wanted to govern it again.

I may also suggest if you delete the butterfly, try and do it so it can be put back. I removed the shaft, a welded the holes closed on my 80 and wish I wouldn't have just for testing purposes.

Some have just moved the cable off the gov linkage and directly to the carb, this takes rerouting of the cable.

Basically pull the intake boot off the carb and watch the butterfly as someone presses the gas pedal. I belive the one studs gets turned all the way out then locked down.
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 11:18 AM   #3
OgreTX
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeasis View Post
One thing some suggest that drives me nuts is to drill out the bracket on the differential. One its not needed and 2 once you do that, that's it, your not going to find that bracket again if you ever wanted to govern it again.
Let me disagree a little Mike. My first G1 was drilled out when I got it, and I didn't feel comfortable letting my grandson drive it, so I fabricated a "key" (Pics below). It requires a little work to set it or undo it, but it will work. First pic is gov disengaged & 2nd is gov engaged.

Ogre
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Governor_Off.jpg (117.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Governor-on.jpg (102.2 KB, 0 views)
OgreTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 03:46 PM   #4
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by OgreTX View Post
Let me disagree a little Mike. My first G1 was drilled out when I got it, and I didn't feel comfortable letting my grandson drive it, so I fabricated a "key" (Pics below). It requires a little work to set it or undo it, but it will work. First pic is gov disengaged & 2nd is gov engaged.

Ogre

Nice fix!
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:03 PM   #5
MrRudog
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Getting closer. Still not sure on the shafts though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0318190214b.jpg (245.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0318190214a.jpg (273.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0318190215.jpg (239.8 KB, 0 views)
MrRudog is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha