lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2019, 07:52 PM   #1
904sta
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default EZGO TXT PDS Rebuild

Hey guys, I’ve been reading the forums for the last 4 months while trying to get my project cart up and running. To start, I purchased this cart for a few hundred bucks from a lady who said it ran one day, plugged in the charger over night, and when she came back it would not move or take a charge. It sat for some time until she sold it to me.

I managed to clean up and fix the charger then charged the batteries two at a time until they were charged enough for the power wide charger to recognize the batteries and charge all 6.

I then encountered a “no go” issue which was caused by the ITS, swapped it out and had some go but not fast. This I attributed to the weak batteries. (3/6 load tested very weak).

I found a great deal on some Exide gc145 and after reading johnnieb’s high praise I pulled the trigger and wired them up with some 2 ga wire. After a full charge, still no real speed. It’ll accelerate quickly then slow down.

So I ordered a speed sensor, it accelerated quickly then slow. But what it did differently was surge fast then slow. I believe I’m still battling a faulty 30$ Amazon speed sensor. Any input is appreciated!
904sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2019, 07:53 PM   #2
904sta
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT PDS Rebuild

Slowly but surely trying to make it look good. Wanted it to function properly before I became too invested.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:15 PM   #3
904sta
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Also, what size lift is on the cart (rough guess), tires are 20” tall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2019, 09:33 AM   #4
904sta
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey guys, at my wits end. Went to the EZGO shop up the street and bought another speed sensor to put in the cart. I’m getting the same results as before. They’re recommending a new controller or new motor. Would like some input on the situation before I make a larger purchase

Old 03-30-2019, 01:45 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Put controller in diagnostic mode and it might beep and error code.
The text at the bottom of the PDS label (attached) tells you how to get into diagnostic mode and lists the beep codes.

The first set of beeps tells you what PDS mode controller is in and top speed will be any place from about 13MPH up to about 19MPH depending on the PDS mode.

With an Alltrax XCT48400-PDS controller and 20" tall road tires, your cart ought to reach close to 27MPH with a stock motor and a 36V battery pack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS Label on Controller Cover.JPG (142.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 10:04 PM   #6
904sta
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey johnnieb, did diagnostics and had gotten the same error code. Is it possible to have received two faulty speed sensors in a row?

Old 03-31-2019, 10:18 AM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Have you looked at wires/connectors? If those are bad, the sensors either can't talk to the controller or things get lost in translation.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 11:24 AM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 904sta View Post
Hey johnnieb, did diagnostics and had gotten the same error code. Is it possible to have received two faulty speed sensors in a row?

Yes, not likely, but possible.

You might also take a look at the magnet disk. Could be loose or defective.

Also, the speed sensor plug on the controller might not be making good contact, or the controller may be defective.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:42 PM   #9
R.Boyd
Getting Wild

My cart had similar symptoms when I first got it. It had been sitting a while as well. I suspected the forward reverse switch was not making good contact. I turned the key off and flipped the switch back and forth a bunch and it worked perfectly for a month or so and then did it again. I did the same thing again and it's worked every since. The switch on mine looks original and the words are worn off it it so it probably needs replacing. Give it a try and see what happens.
R.Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 01:56 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If the solenoid is welded closed the controller will restrict speed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO