lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2019, 09:38 AM   #1
Abes
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha starter generator

Hey- does anyone know of a good online store or shop to source rebuilt Yamaha starter generators? I broke one of the studs on mine and I think it was on its way out anyways. I’ve seen a few online but want to stay away from the new “Chinese” units and I don’t have anyone locally that’ll work on mine. This for a g22 with a 357cc and has the small 2-prong white plug coming out of it. Thanks..
Abes is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2019, 03:37 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Yamaha starter generator

Depending on what stud you broke, it could still be an easy fix. You break one off of the end cap, or one on the main body of the starter?
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:33 PM   #3
Abes
Not Yet Wild

It was one of the terminal studs on the side of the body..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 45198FEC-CB2E-43D1-9209-50E798DD7377.jpg (233.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-16-2019, 07:02 AM   #4
Lochlin
Gone Wild

As that same thing happened to me a couple of years ago I recall several threads in several different BGW sub-forums that talk about different ways to fix that stud. I will see if I can at least find and post mine. Still, those are very common starter / gens that were used on all different types of machines. If you take that to any auto starter / alternator shop they will be able to fix that thing up like new for a whole lot cheaper than new.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:05 AM   #5
Lochlin
Gone Wild

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...onnection.html
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:41 PM   #6
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

I have some lying around the shop. I can send you one
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 11:36 AM   #7
Abes
Not Yet Wild

Golf cart guy- Just pm’d you. Thanks..
Old 04-23-2019, 11:47 AM   #8
Abes
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lochlin View Post
As that same thing happened to me a couple of years ago I recall several threads in several different BGW sub-forums that talk about different ways to fix that stud. I will see if I can at least find and post mine. Still, those are very common starter / gens that were used on all different types of machines. If you take that to any auto starter / alternator shop they will be able to fix that thing up like new for a whole lot cheaper than new.
It was one of the studs on the body so couldn’t really fix it and ended up scrapping it. Someone gave me an ezgo starter which looked almost identical except for the VR wires. I took them both apart and inspected them. They looked to be almost identical so I just cut, rerouted and soldered the one wire that was connected to a different post and put it all back together. The starter actually works but the motor started running really erratically.

I checked the battery voltage while it was on and the voltage drastically drops to about 4 volts once it starts to rev. Then goes up and down a few volts. I talked to Don at plowmans and he confirmed that if it’s not the correct starter/ generator, the motor will not run right. Who would have thought.. now I’m just looking to source a used OEM because the new ones are really expensive
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha