lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2020, 08:43 PM   #1
docmorgan7
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Different Tire Sizes

Hello! I picked up a 2003 Club Car DS last year and have slowly started to do some upgrades. The next task is to find the right tire size for the 12" rims that I bought. The cart isn't lifted and I'd like to keep it that way. I mainly use the cart on gravel roads and mowed trails at our campground. I've been trying to find some information about the different tire sizes that would fit on my cart. I've been told that my cart can clear 205/50, 205/30, and 225/35 sized tires. Doing further research I've also found that 215/40 will also work. That's 4 different options! Which will give me the best ride? What is the difference between them? I'd like to get as much tire as possible without them rubbing.

Thanks!
docmorgan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-27-2020, 02:00 AM   #2
09MPT1200guy
Getting Wild
Cushman

Default Re: Different Tire Sizes

The 205/50 will be the highest profile, and should offer the most cushion for your ride. They will also be the tallest tire of that bunch, at just over 20 inches. The lower 30 and 35 tires won't leave much rubber between the road/trail and your rims. Any bumps will be felt more than a higher profile tire. That 215/40 might be a good compromise. The height will be a little less than 19 inches, so closer to stock. Should be less likely to rub.
09MPT1200guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:39 AM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: Different Tire Sizes

The 205 is the width of the tire in mm the 50 is the % of the width that the side wall is.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car