lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2020, 10:46 AM   #1
LT4Ryan
Getting Wild

Default watering question

Howdy - currently, I am having a lot of trouble sourcing distilled water. I checked my batteries, and one of the cells is low and needs a top off. A couple of questions:

-I've seen the guys at my club use a hose that isn't connected to a filter/softener to fill fleet carts. Is that OK? I assume that's a very short term deal as they only keep carts 3 years

-Given that I don't know when I will find distilled water, should I leave the cart connected to the charger or unplug it?
LT4Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2020, 10:52 AM   #2
lostboy
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: watering question

Can't answer your technical question, if your near ACE Hardware they typically carry it.
lostboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 11:48 AM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

If water is below the plates unhook charger. You can use tap water if you have no other. One time case.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 01:33 PM   #4
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

If it was me I wouldn’t leave it plugged in.

As for water from best to worst: distilled, city, well

I would only fill the cells that the plates are showing then only enough to cover them if you don’t have distilled water.

If you’re quarantined you could always make your own for something to do. Give Google a go. Maybe after the pandemic you can become a small barrel distillery.

BTW Don’t sweat the small stuff.
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 01:58 PM   #5
LT4Ryan
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out2Sea View Post
If it was me I wouldn’t leave it plugged in.

As for water from best to worst: distilled, city, well

I would only fill the cells that the plates are showing then only enough to cover them if you don’t have distilled water.

If you’re quarantined you could always make your own for something to do. Give Google a go. Maybe after the pandemic you can become a small barrel distillery.

BTW Don’t sweat the small stuff.
HA! Yes, I am quarantined - it was one cell and it got me a little worried. Definitely have my priorities in order but thought about it today so I figured I would ask. Stay safe and thank you for the reply - a little unsoftened city water it is!
LT4Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 01:23 PM   #6
eBoon
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

It's not too difficult to make some distilled water with the supplies you have at home. A quick google search will show lots of options. Good luck!
eBoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car