lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2020, 08:59 PM   #11
seney2
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1988 Club Car won't do anything PLEASE HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budule View Post
you can charge them 2 at a time with a 12 volt charger....until you get this figured out....
seney2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2020, 03:36 PM   #12
seney2
Not Yet Wild

So I installed brand new fully charged batteries, traced all my wires again. When I turn the key on and put it in forward I'm getting 38v at every small solenoid terminal. I'M READY TO PUSH THIS THING INTO THE ROAD!! LOL

20200607_161915_HDR.jpg

20200607_161920.jpg

20200607_161928_HDR.jpg
Old 06-07-2020, 05:52 PM   #13
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Are you getting voltage to all of them at the same time or as you press the throttle and where are you measuring the voltage from? Should be measuring at the two small terminals on each solenoid.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 06:00 PM   #14
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looks like you should be getting -B from the key switch through the micro switch and thats goes to your yellow wire that runs to all the solenoids. With the lever in Fwd I would measure voltage from the pack positive side all the way to the yellow cable and if you show pack voltage it means from the key to the solenoid is good. Now that your charge port is removed verify that you are still getting ground to the key switch as that would have been connected at the battery charge port.
Old 06-07-2020, 06:21 PM   #15
seney2
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Daddy View Post
Are you getting voltage to all of them at the same time or as you press the throttle and where are you measuring the voltage from? Should be measuring at the two small terminals on each solenoid.
I'm getting voltage at all the small solenoid terminals with it in forward without the pedal being pushed.
Old 06-07-2020, 06:28 PM   #16
seney2
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Looks like you should be getting -B from the key switch through the micro switch and thats goes to your yellow wire that runs to all the solenoids. With the lever in Fwd I would measure voltage from the pack positive side all the way to the yellow cable and if you show pack voltage it means from the key to the solenoid is good. Now that your charge port is removed verify that you are still getting ground to the key switch as that would have been connected at the battery charge port.
I am getting voltage from key to solenoids. My key switch doesn't have a ground??? So if am understanding you correctly, I should have a ground wire from negative at my charge receptacle to my key then to the micro switch?
Old 06-07-2020, 06:34 PM   #17
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Are you taking measurements at each of the small terminal pairs? If thats the case that would mean everyone of the solenoids is activated at the same time with out the pedal being pressed, take an ohm reading to see if you have a connection between the two big posts on each batteries. If you are activating all the solenoids at once something is providing B+ to all those solenoids which means either all the throttle switches are activated or something is wired incorrectly.

Edit: If you are having this issue that would probably be why your pulling amperage and burning up at the charge port.
Old 06-07-2020, 06:53 PM   #18
seney2
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Are you taking measurements at each of the small terminal pairs? If thats the case that would mean everyone of the solenoids is activated at the same time with out the pedal being pressed, take an ohm reading to see if you have a connection between the two big posts on each batteries. If you are activating all the solenoids at once something is providing B+ to all those solenoids which means either all the throttle switches are activated or something is wired incorrectly.

Edit: If you are having this issue that would probably be why your pulling amperage and burning up at the charge port.
I am pulling voltage at all the solenoid small terminals.

If I just reread the diagram correctly - my key should be a ground wire from pack or charger receptacle then to forward reverse micro switch?

Okay so I switched it to the ground and my solenoids are working, but no forward or reverse
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car