lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2020, 06:50 AM   #11
kozzy
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Letting foot off accelerator automatically engages brakes in full

I had an issue with mine locking up as well, mine is a 2013. I jacked up, made sure the u bolts are tight and the axle is aligned, since mines is lifted as well. After I did all that, it still happens every once in a while. Sometimes I just touch the brake pedal and they lock a little. I noticed it going over a manhole cover as well. I cant tighten the u bolts any more then they are, and I double checked that the axle was aligned properly. Anything else I can try to get that brake cable to have a little more room
? Do they make longer ones for lifted carts? Can I adjust them? It is a lot better now, as it was happening every time I drive the cart, before I re tightened everything.
kozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2020, 07:58 AM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes, Club Car now makes a longer cable for the drivers side brake, call David with RevolutionGolfCars.com as he likely have them in stock.

Even when the U-Bolts are tight, sometimes the leaf spring itself deforms with the motor changes in rotational torque and allows for small changes in the cable tension.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2022, 04:03 PM   #13
gregnash
Not Yet Wild

Do you ever find the solution for this problem? I have a DS doing the exact same thing.
gregnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 07:52 PM   #14
GeeSnow
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregnash View Post
Do you ever find the solution for this problem? I have a DS doing the exact same thing.
Did you find your issue?
GeeSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 10:03 AM   #15
MacGyverr
Getting Wild

Tight breaks are a common problem with all carts. They not only can cause the problem you are having , they also will shorten battery life considerably. They should not be touching the drums.
MacGyverr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car