lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-15-2020, 08:16 PM   #1
finzupa1a
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Won't go forward after reversing sometimes (3 beeps) 2014 Club Car Precedent

Hi everyone, I apologize if this has been asked and answered a thousand times...

We recently bought a used 2014 Club Car Precedent. Occasionally when we back out of the drive, we come to a full stop, switch to forward, and then... nothing, followed by the three beeps. It seems like you then have to turn the cart off, back to Neutral, back on, then proceed. It's really annoying. I believe it's related to the motor braking (walk away brake), but seems really sensitive, if that's the case. We do have a slight grade once we have backed out (although it's also done it on pretty flat ground).

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
finzupa1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2020, 05:28 PM   #2
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Won't go forward after reversing sometimes (3 beeps) 2014 Club Car Precedent

Don’t know why you get three beeps. But I have a later model 2014 and my FNR switch does not work when I switch it to forward from reverse sometimes. I have to switch it from N to F a couple of times. During the switch I do not hear the click from the solenoid nor the click from the switch. This tells me switch is going bad on the forward contact.

I purchased a new switch from Dave. Which fixed the problem.

https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/p...s-iq-precedent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 07:41 AM   #3
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Won't go forward after reversing sometimes (3 beeps) 2014 Club Car Precedent

Its called "high pedal disable". You did say you came to a complete stop, but maybe your not. If the cart is rolling slightly, or thinks its still rolling, and then switched to the different direction, it will not go.

If you could scan the OBC, you would see a fault code called HPD, pretty much every cart I scan has it, as everyone does it.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3 beeps, club car, forward, precedent, reverse
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car