lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-04-2020, 09:44 AM   #1
ecupip
Not Yet Wild

Default New Onward HP Programming

Hello everyone. I picked up a new Onward HP last week and told the dealer to set it up in sport and max regen. Needless to say that was a mistake lol.

Is there anyway to program the controllers at home with an aftermarket programmer/computer? I’d really like to play with both settings, driving each for a while before deciding if it’s right for me. It’s kinda hard to do that without multiple trips and fees at the dealer.
ecupip is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2020, 01:02 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: New Onward HP Programming

to BGW

Unfortunately no, not with the stock controller. Typically only aftermarket controllers allow for free user programming. Hopefully your dealer will work with you on the reprogramming prices...
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 07:04 PM   #3
jmdonward
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecupip View Post
Hello everyone. I picked up a new Onward HP last week and told the dealer to set it up in sport and max regen. Needless to say that was a mistake lol.
Why was it a mistake for you? Too much regen?
jmdonward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 08:11 PM   #4
ecupip
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Jake! I’ll have to see if they will adjust the settings again for me when I bring it in to have the rear set cover fixed.

Jmdonward, The max regen isn’t too bad. My original thought was to save on the brakes some, but I think I want acceleration and braking more middle of the road. The acceleration is strange each time you give it more pedal, it wants to boost to the next level versus following my foot easing more on the pedal. The regen is less aggravating, I just want a bit more coast instead of having to feather the gas pedal to slow down regularly.
ecupip is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car