lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2009, 05:10 PM   #1
D Ratliff
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Dash panel removal

I am setting up my 06 cart for street legal use. The wire bundle from the turn signal switch is just long enough to reach behind the dash panel. My question is How do I remove the dash panel? Do I need to drill out the rivets around the top edge to get it off? Is there a recommended replacement faster / rivet to replace them?
D Ratliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2009, 06:22 PM   #2
Radicalgolfcarts
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Dash panel removal

You should be able to reach up from the front of the cart between the thin black plastic piece and the cowl.
Radicalgolfcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:09 PM   #3
ruredy
Born Wild

The dash is not so easy to come off, drilling out those rivet, and a few others will let you take off the front cowl. You can get to everything once you've done that. There's a thread in the tech section about body removal that can tell you how to do it. The rivets are really the best thing to use for putting it back together, you can use really big, short sheet metal screws to hold the cowl temporarily but they'll always come loose and they rust if not stainless steel. I would rather take the cowl off anyday instead of trying to reach up inside of it, this also give you the chance to clean it out really good. You wouldn't believe the dirt that gets packed in up there.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:41 PM   #4
jrf62
Not Yet Wild

what does it take to remove the dash panel? if I remove all the rivets can it be replaced
jrf62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO