lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
bswords
Not Yet Wild

Default cart makes noise but won't move

hey guys i have a 1996 club car 48 volt foward/reverse switch is toggle.was riding on rough ground, key switch came apart put together and cart moved a little,recharged batteries,now when you turn on key switch solenoid clicks and can hear f/r click but press pedal and it doesn't move. you can hear sound (electricity?) through pedal but no movement and cart is fully charged and battery terminals are clean and tight. controller and solenoid replaced about a year ago and batteries 2 years ago. what should i test first ?
bswords is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2010, 07:40 AM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: cart makes noise but won't move

To start with the 1996 CC was a transission year with several different controls and early and late models please I would like to have complete serial number to get better idea what your cart has for controls. Also do you know if OBC has been changed and what color is battery indicator on dash?
Now lets go back a little and let me confirm what happened?
#1 Question your key switch came apart ( is this a stock CC key switch ) and you put it back together CORRECT? Do you mean that the switch came loose from dash or really broke in pieces and you were able to repair?
#2 Question did you unhook batterys before taking dash panel loose so repairs could be done to switch? If you unhooked battery pack did you follow owners manual for procedure?
#3 Question after repairing key switch the following now happens "BEFORE TOUCHING PEDAL"?
A-You turn on key the main solenoid clicks? ( you have 2, one main, one regen )
B-You hear the F&R micro click without moving F&R rocker switch?
#4 NOW you press pedal and hear a sound like electricity ( is this a humming, buzzing or clicking sound ) is this correct order of sounds?
This may seem strange to ask about but gives me an idea what is happening to help diagnose problem.
Please send complete serial number and confirm if I am correct with what is happening so far.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: cart makes noise but won't move

do you know if when keyswitch came apart if it gounded anywhere? if so start looking for burnt wires it could have fried several things..................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car