lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #11
johnharper
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: resistor group assembly

there is a noticeable lag when i step gently on the throttle before the cart begins to move.
the cart seems to be a regen cart but does not have a tow/run switch under the seat or anywhere else i can find, which has caused confusion regarding what kind of cart it is.
i'm old and it isn't easy for me to get under the cart so please confirm that the wiper switch assembly is under the floor board and is attached to the throttle?
how can i test it to see if it is not touching one of the contacts? can the contacts be adjusted or should i just replace the whole thing.
johnharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #12
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i,m kinda confused i have never seen a 48 volt cart with a set of resistors, dosn,t make sense to me........reagan cart has 1 resistor coil but thats it.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #13
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

He says its a 48 volt cart with a row of resistor coils not just one but five its prolly not a regen cart. Just remove the cover off the v-glide box and jack up the rear of the cart so the tires are off the ground. Turn the key off and put the cart in neutral you can press the gas pedal and watch the arm to see if it goes all the way up to the top contact. If its not going all the way the linkage that goes from the gas pedal to the v-glide box needs to be adjusted. No confusion here
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:01 PM   #14
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

thats what is confusing, i have never seen a 48 volt C.C. with a row of resistor coils............now there are resistors on the rear of the V-glide if the cart have that system.....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:16 PM   #15
johnharper
Not Yet Wild

I'm sorry to cause so much confusion. i'm an old man and probably don't use the right terminology.
it is a 48v cart. it has one set of coils which consists of 5 loops. the whole thing is about 5 inches long and is mounted on a piece of material that appears to be micarta and it has one wire coming from a solenoid on each end.
the controller is black. the cart does not have, that i can find, a tow/run switch.
what i think is the multistep potentiometer (wiper switch assembly) is located under the floor board to the side of the foot throttle and is black and about 4"x4". would that be the correct device? The v-glide box?

i certainly appreciate all the attention, and your time, that you've devoted to my problem.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:05 PM   #16
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I was thinking that this was a c/c with a vglide box with the speed coils those coil he is talking about are for the regen. I'm not to farmiliar with that system.
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:41 PM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I have been following this with some interest since he first came on the board... His description of the resistor coil set is perfect ...... every 36v resistor cart had em just like he explains them in the post above... What the gentleman has is a 36v resistor coil cart with 48v batteries and charger.... and I will bet $ on it... I wish he could provide a pic?

Does the cart in question have a row of resistor coils like the ones in the pic below? If so then you have a pie shaped black box under the seat that can act as you describe if some of the contacts are damaged which they will be if you are running the cart on 48 volts.

These pics show the CC resistor coils and the location of the V-glide in the black pie shaped box....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0340.jpg (171.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0481.jpg (114.9 KB, 32 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:57 PM   #18
SteveRand
Yamahaulin' CC Rider

Mixed Breed

Could it be a PowerDrive Plus system? It would have a single resistor coil, or "energy displacement module," 2 solenoids, and a pot at the accelerator pedal. 48 volts.

Isn't this what they used in '97?

It was also the first use of a rocker switch for forward/reverse.
SteveRand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #19
johnharper
Not Yet Wild

i finally got someone to take the pics and upload them to my computer. i hope they help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0044.JPG (158.7 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0048.JPG (147.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0051.JPG (151.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0058.JPG (150.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0060.JPG (139.7 KB, 32 views)
Old 09-13-2010, 12:06 PM   #20
johnharper
Not Yet Wild

here are some more pics.

you can see the coil above the motor
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0048.JPG (147.0 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by johnharper; 09-13-2010 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: add pics

Tags
upgrade resistor group
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car