lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2010, 08:08 PM   #21
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: resistor group assembly

that makes sense thats the coil for the reagan braking system, since you have the V-glide you might want to openit and make sure your moveble wiper arm is making good connection with the contacts you may just need to do a little cleaning and sanding.make sure you dissconnect main power before doing anything and its a lot easier if you take out the front drivers side battery..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2010, 09:22 PM   #22
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

This is a Regen 1 (Earlier version of the PowerDrive Plus) It was not equipped with a Tow/Run switch.... Turning Keyswitch "OFF" results in "TOW" mode.... ON = "RUN" The black box you're referring to is not a V-Glide.. It's a Pot-Box... It's a continuously variable unit and works on a 5K-0 frequency, the same as all of the Club Car potentiometers except for the early 95 48Volts and the 93-94 36Volt cars with controllers (Both equipped with Multi-step v-glides under the seat)

Now for the good stuff. I see a potential problem already. Look at your first picture. The resistor coil is originally supposed to be attached to a second solenoid. On your car, it doesn't appear to be... It's hooked to that piece of insulated board you mentioned. When the pedal is depressed, the (supposedly) non-existent solenoid closes and bypasses the resistor. The way it appears to be hooked up now, there is no solenoid to close, and you're forcing power through the resistor. I've got a few questions about the wiring... (More pics would be great) Where do the wires run that are attached to that resistor? Do they run to another solenoid? Is there one solenoid or two? Let me know, or take more pics... I'm pretty confident I'll fix this problem pretty quick. If you don't have the 2nd solenoid, great... if you do.. I'm betting it's stuck open and won't click... let me know.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:31 PM   #23
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

dawg, unless someone really made a mess of wiring it should have 2 solenoids .......i know you know that and i think i know where your trying to get 2....... i didn,t take a real good look at the pics. just enough to see if it had that resistor for the reagan.........gen. 1 junk, junk, and yes your right about the pot.........i thought he said it was upper frame rail......my bad............if they took the cables off the resistor to try and disable the reagan i,m kinda waiting to see the outcome as the last time i saw that done the guy took out the controller, OBC and the reagan braking..............it was not a cheap mistake i sure hope this fellow isn,t on that path.............................
Old 09-14-2010, 02:58 PM   #24
johnharper
Not Yet Wild

the 'coil' does seem to be attached to the solenoid via 2 ga cable attached to the 'micarta' board. should i move it so that it's attached directly to the solenoid?
johnharper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:03 PM   #25
johnharper
Not Yet Wild

the 'coil' is attached to the solenoid by 2 ga black cable. should i connect the solenoid directly to the coil by passing the 'micarta' board?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0066.JPG (122.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0067.JPG (120.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0068.JPG (141.3 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0069.JPG (145.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0070.JPG (120.2 KB, 14 views)
Old 09-14-2010, 03:06 PM   #26
johnharper
Not Yet Wild

here are more pics of the underneath of my cart. i hope this is helpful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0071.JPG (147.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0072.JPG (129.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0073.JPG (149.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0075.JPG (141.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0075-1.JPG (141.5 KB, 7 views)
Old 09-14-2010, 03:08 PM   #27
johnharper
Not Yet Wild

even more pictures! i hope you can make something out of them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAM_0062.JPG (134.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0063.JPG (153.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0064.JPG (119.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0065.JPG (129.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg SAM_0066.JPG (122.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 09-14-2010, 03:55 PM   #28
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
dawg, unless someone really made a mess of wiring it should have 2 solenoids .......i know you know that and i think i know where your trying to get 2....... i didn,t take a real good look at the pics. just enough to see if it had that resistor for the reagan.........gen. 1 junk, junk, and yes your right about the pot.........i thought he said it was upper frame rail......my bad............if they took the cables off the resistor to try and disable the reagan i,m kinda waiting to see the outcome as the last time i saw that done the guy took out the controller, OBC and the reagan braking..............it was not a cheap mistake i sure hope this fellow isn,t on that path.............................
Shadowman, Removing this solenoid does not disable the Regen. The regen is controlled by the speed sensor and the controller. This solenoid is for re-charging purposes only during regen. The regen "function" still works the same without the solenoid. The guy you're referring to must have wired something wrong. I bypass this solenoid all the time and it works like a charm every time.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:08 PM   #29
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnharper View Post
here are more pics of the underneath of my cart. i hope this is helpful.
Perfect. The first picture tells me what I need to know. You do in fact have two solenoids.... Do both of them click? I bet not. Whether it is or it isn't, the best thing you can do for the car and for yourself is to remove the EDM (Energy Displacement Module) This consists of the secondary solenoid and the coil. The following is a set of instructions from Club Car's regen1 to regen2 conversion kit, which recommends you to remove the EDM...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using a 3/8 nutdriver, remove the 18-gauge wires from two small posts of
the dynamic braking (DB) solenoid

Using a 3/8 nutdriver, remove the red 18-gauge wire from the DB
solenoid to the main solenoid small post and discard this wire. Before installing the nut back on the small post of the main
solenoid, install the orange/white 18 gauge wire from the DB solenoid on
the same post which has the red and blue 18-gauge wires. Install the nut and tighten to 18 in-lbs

Using ½ and 9/16 inch wrenches, remove the white 6-gauge wire from the
A2 motor terminal

Using a 3/8 socket, remove the two bolts that hold the resistor coil board
to the frame

Using a 7/16 wrench, remove the two bolts, washers and flange nuts that
hold the DB solenoid to the solenoid bracket

Lift the EDM assembly out of the vehicle

Using electrical tape, tape the terminal of the brown 18 gauge wire that
was removed from the DB solenoid. Once the wire
terminal has been taped, insert the taped end of the wire into the wire
harness conduit.
--------------------------------------

The A2 post of your motor should still have nothing hooked to it, but you should still have a wire hanging loose. The large (Black in your case) wire that is attached directly to the controller, that was once attached to the Dynamic Braking Solenoid will now go directly to the A2 post where the other wire was removed.

Now try to run your car and see if it doesn't function a whole lot better. Let me know.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:45 PM   #30
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yeah dawg i hear ya to be honest i don,t know what all they did to the cart but they tried to just disconnect the reagan by removing the cables i,m not sure whatelse but i agree with you they did something elss and really made a mess........he just wouldn,t tell the whole story i think he felt foolish.......i learned to get over that foolish feeling long ago........................

Tags
upgrade resistor group
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car