lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2010, 05:33 AM   #1
Hat Trick
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Turning off the backup buzzer

I did some searches on the backup buzzer and all I am finding is to put tape over it to make the noise minimal or to unhook one of the wires. So I take it it doesn't matter which one? One is orange or orange with white stripe and the other is red I believe.

Before anyone warns me about turning it off for safety purposes etc it IS what I want to do. This is a hunting cart and the purpose of this build is to have an electric vehicle to get in and out of the woods as scent free and silent as possible. I don't need some stupid buzzer ruining that for what I am using the buggy for.

thanks!
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2010, 07:03 AM   #2
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Turning off the backup buzzer

If a club car is anything like an EZGO, the buzzer will be right behind the key panel and to the right after you stick you hand through. It's about half the length of a pill bottle and about that big around. I think mine is actually mounted on the outside wall of the passenger glove compartment. Hope that helps. If I used mine for a hunting buggy, I'd want it quiet as well. I did silence mine some by putting tape over it. Sounds just right now. Good luck with yous.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:32 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

put it in reverse and unhook i beleive the orange wire off the microswitch it should be like a 16 gage wire to see if it shuts up if so just tape up the end of the wire and lock it down out of the way.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 01:51 PM   #4
rib33024

Have fun out there hunting--

Yeah what shadowman said it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat Trick View Post
I did some searches on the backup buzzer and all I am finding is to put tape over it to make the noise minimal or to unhook one of the wires. So I take it it doesn't matter which one? One is orange or orange with white stripe and the other is red I believe.

Before anyone warns me about turning it off for safety purposes etc it IS what I want to do. This is a hunting cart and the purpose of this build is to have an electric vehicle to get in and out of the woods as scent free and silent as possible. I don't need some stupid buzzer ruining that for what I am using the buggy for.

thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
put it in reverse and unhook i beleive the orange wire off the microswitch it should be like a 16 gage wire to see if it shuts up if so just tape up the end of the wire and lock it down out of the way.......................
BGW...or... anyone on this forum, ... BGW itself, is/are NOT responsible for your actions in the result of using, or, misusing this information that may cause possible damage to yourself, your property, or someone else!
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:38 PM   #5
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hat Trick View Post

thanks!
Simple way also is to just put a toggle switch on either of the wires to cut off the sound when hunting... on when around the house if you want as well. I did that to mine... but I don't hunt... just get back into the MH late from the Tavern and don't want to wake the wife??!?!?!??!
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:18 PM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Unplug both wires, unscrew both screws, and throw the piece of junk in the garbage. That's the approach I took with mine. I've actually got reverse lights wired to turn on when I put the car in Reverse. I installed a relay in place of the buzzer and ran a 12V power source through the relay and to the lights. Works great.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:50 PM   #7
Hat Trick
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Unplug both wires, unscrew both screws, and throw the piece of junk in the garbage. That's the approach I took with mine. I've actually got reverse lights wired to turn on when I put the car in Reverse. I installed a relay in place of the buzzer and ran a 12V power source through the relay and to the lights. Works great.
Now this is what I wanted to hear! The light kit was dropped off today...the final piece that was standing in my way of putting this thing together.
Hat Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:45 AM   #8
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
I love that idea
Old 09-17-2010, 05:44 AM   #9
Bigcat467
Not Yet Wild

Is the backup buzzer the same buzzer that warns you that the cart is rolling away with the park brake off?
Bigcat467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:48 AM   #10
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat467 View Post
Is the backup buzzer the same buzzer that warns you that the cart is rolling away with the park brake off?
Actually a Good point...

So I'd make sure that one would apply the parking brake every time they get off of their cart or keep their foot on the brake if stopped on a hill. Common sense... I believe we're supposed to do that...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car