lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-17-2010, 10:18 PM   #1
tr19dc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default '94 CC DS wiring diagram needed

I'm looking for a wiring diagram for the above cart with resistor coils and v-glide. The one is see on here (stickies) isn't as detailed as I would like and I can't zoom. Any suggestions?
tr19dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2010, 06:48 AM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: '94 CC DS wiring diagram needed

service manual.....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:27 AM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

The wiring diagram in STICKIES is exactly like the one I copied from a 1994 service manual? I can increase size of diagram by going too the right lower side of my computer and where it says 100% you can increase clear up to 400% by clicking on X? maybe that will help you? What part of diagram are you not sure about, maybe we can help?
Let us know, as this is what forum is all about.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:57 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

MEC. lots of times we run into this where you really can,t get a good quailty diagram, no ones fault just happens, i use to spend a lot of time putting wiring diagrams up but no matter how hard i tried some you could just barely figure it out so i now just tell members to get the service manual, i know its not cheap but its yours and you can read everything and thats important to people, that and the fact that you get every other thing you need to do your own testing and repairing/ replacing parts when needed.................can,t tell you how much time they have saved me and you can,t beat the step by step testing procedures ......just takes a lot of guesswork out of the job when they turn into head scratchers.....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 10:05 AM   #5
tr19dc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

The wires connecting to the backs of the charger plug and f&r switches are kind of confusing. I would like to see the back sides of them. I'm assuming the wires in bold are big and the ones in normal font are small. My cart has been rewired somehow or another to bypass the oem key switch and have another aftermarket key switch installed right beside the f&r. I'm trying to get evrything back to original.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:39 PM   #6
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

TR19DC-- you are correct the bold print wires are 6 guage or larger, and others are smaller control wires. I'm with you the wiring diagram doesn't show back side of either F&R nor Charger plug in. To do Charger plug in ( as a clue only ) one wire goes to plus side of battery pack at either battery post or solenoid and normally has a inline fuse. The other lead goes to pack ground. To confirm which is which on plug in check output on charger plug and then you will know which is plus or negative. As to the F&R there are so many different hook ups depending on year and model of cart and the F&R control itself is and which type of speed controls you have that I will step back from this and hope some forum member can help you out? "This is why when possible its best to invest in a service manual for your particular year and model as SHADOWMAN said" ( YOU ARE SO RIGHT SHADOWMAN ) I agree 100% and wish many times I could afford service manuals for all years to help with repairs. They are so nice as they have step by step tests that save a huge amount of time when doing any work. Through the years I have when available copied the wiring diagrams for each year to at least have a copy to refer to.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:26 PM   #7
tr19dc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks Old Mec! That'll get me started, but I'll probably have to come back here before its over with.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #8
tr19dc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

OK...I've got everything wired right and running but I'm still lacking low-end torque. When I bought the cart it was running fine and all of the sudden one day after a long drive I lost the torque. I was told that I had a bad battery, but nothing changed after new batteries. I wired reverse to run pack voltage instead of half and it has more torque than forward. Could this be caused by a bad F&R switch???
Old 10-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #9
tr19dc
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr19dc View Post
OK...I've got everything wired right and running but I'm still lacking low-end torque. When I bought the cart it was running fine and all of the sudden one day after a long drive I lost the torque. I was told that I had a bad battery, but nothing changed after new batteries. I wired reverse to run pack voltage instead of half and it has more torque than forward. Could this be caused by a bad F&R switch???
*top-end is still as fast as it was
Old 10-02-2010, 06:59 PM   #10
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

How many charge cycles have you done since replacing batterys? Remember its so important to charge them BEFORE FIRST USE AND EACH TIME CART IS RUN UNTIL CHARGER TURNS ITSELF OFF, 15-30 full charge cycles before batterys come up to full power. Have you checked each resistor coil for breaks or poor wire connections going to them for damage? Also have you checked the V glide contacts and wiper brush and wiper arm spring for damage or weakness? The contacts inside should be bright and clean with no loose wire connections on backside? Input to V glide is the double white wires, then slow speed is White to Orange, then Orange to Yellow, next is Yellow to Green, to Blue to Black. I would check contacts inside F&R control, but normally you would have hot control or hot HD wiring to it It sounds like you may have the lower speed feeds or resistors causing poor connections? If you find nothing wrong with V Glide, Resistors, Resistor wiring, and batterys, F&R control contacts good then let us know?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car