lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
skeeter70
Not Yet Wild

Default 79 club car no brakes???

Hey everyone, i just recently bought a 1979 club car, its in great shape and runs perfect, except i have no brakes! when you push the brake pedal there is absolutely nothing there....no prssure whats so ever! i think a fly could land on it and it would go to the floor board!
Anyway i have no idea where to start, master cylinder bad? ive tried bleeding the brakes but didnt help! like i said im a mechanical person but not at all familiar with golf carts. Any help would be much appreciated!
skeeter70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2010, 02:09 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 79 club car no brakes???

You must have a Caroche Club car with ( 3 ) pedals to have hydaulic brakes unless its a commercial cart? Hydraulic brakes really are all the same in how they work. Sounds like master cylinder may be pitted so bad that kit may not fix it? This is not uncommon as carts so often are not taken care of like cars and besides a 1979 car is now an antique? Take master cylinder off and take to large auto parts store and have them compare casting numbers on cylinder and find you a replacement unit from cross reference catalog. If you canno't find new cylinder available look in antique auto parts catalogs like "HEMMINGS" for brake parts rebuilders that will put sleeves in and rebuild cylinder like new. There are antique golf cart parts dealers around but I doubt that most cart owners can afford their prices? Been a few years since I bought a new Caroche master cylinder from auto parts store but cost me about $15-$25. at that time and was in stock at store. To give yourself a safe cart I would replace ALL metal and flex brake lines and replace or least hone SMOOTH interior of bores and rebuild both wheel cylinders with kits readilly avalable and then you can relax with a safe cart for you and family to ride in. NOTE I love the Caroche carts as they have a great looking body and some day I will find one that I can afford??
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:27 PM   #3
skeeter70
Not Yet Wild

yep thats what i have! i will do some checkn around thanks much for the info!!
skeeter70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Pictures are always wanted.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car