lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-25-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
Sapperdoug
Not Yet Wild

Default 98 36v club car solenoid issue?

I have a 98 36v club cart and just replaced the solenoid. I replaced the old one because I could not get the cart to go unless I jumoed the two large leads. I replaced it and have the same problem. My question is there is a small white box that attaches to the 2 large leads, what is that and could that be the cause of the problem? It accelerates and drives fine if I put a 10gauge jumper wire on but I'm afraid I'm going to burn something up. Also where is the OBC on my cart? I can't find it anywhere.
Sapperdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-25-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 98 36v club car solenoid issue?

Installing a Jumper wire across the 2 large terminals on the solenoid simply takes the solenoid out of the circuit. I t does not tell if the solenoid is good or bad because as you have found the problem may be in the activation circuit... Check the micro-switch at the F&R first and then at the Vglide....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:07 AM   #3
Sapperdoug
Not Yet Wild

I will give that a try here in the next couple of days. What about the little white box attached to the main leads on the solenoid? Also, where do I find my OBC? For some reason I suspect that I dont have an OBC.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Follow thw Main negative cable from the battery pack to the controller. If you have an obc that cable will go through it. You will not have an obc if your cart is 36v .... it is a resistor coil cart The funny thing on the solenoid is a resistor of sorts... your problem is still in the activation circuit, I think.

A quick overview of the solenoid is :
The solenoid is a HD on/off switch or Contactor
the connection is made /broken between the 2 large terminals. The 2 small terminals are the activation circuit. typically one terminal will have a constant negative connection to the pack. When Positive power is applied to the second terminal the contact is drawn up against the spring to make contact. When power from either side of the activation circuit is removed then contact is released and the spring pushes it away interrupting the circuit ...It doesn't matter which terminal is neg or pos.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:23 PM   #5
Sapperdoug
Not Yet Wild

I assume F&R is the "forward reverse" swtch? Again excuse my ignorance, This my first golf cart and everything I have learned thus far have been by down loading trouble shooting advise from these forums.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:30 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

F&R = forward reverse switch.

There is tons of good help and info on BGW!
Old 11-01-2010, 02:09 AM   #7
Sapperdoug
Not Yet Wild

It was totally a disconnected wire inside the V glide. Thanks for your help.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:51 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Glad we could help!

Tags
dead cart, solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car