lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-21-2010, 08:28 PM   #1
Stubbsboogie
Not Yet Wild

Default grease points on club car

Hey guys first post here. I hope I am doing it right. I need some help info and advice.

I have just aquired an electric 1995 model Club Car golf cart. I know exactly nothing about golf carts. I have alot of questions.

first being a boat guy I am always looking for something to grease. Are there grease fittings on these things? And where are they.

Also what is the best way to charge for maximum battery longevity.
Each night after we use it or wait till the battteries beging to noticably discharge?

Please be patient with me fellas Like I said I know nothing about these things, I am a fast learner though, thanks in advance for the help.
Stubbsboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: grease points on club car

All of the lube points deal with the steering components. Each tie rod end has a grease fitting. Also lube the king ping fittings. Once a year is enough. The model you have has on onboard computer which is actually the brains removed from the charger and put in the cart. Charge whenever you want and the computer will determine the correct charge. Two Cautions. Do not let the batteries go all the way dead and do NOT leave the charger connected all the time. Lightening can cause computer malfunctions and an expensive replacement. A good surge protector is recommended, like one made for permanent microwave installations. They have enough Joule dissipation capacity.

Equalizing should be performed when a battery is first purchased (called a freshening charge) and on a regular basis as needed. How often this might occur with your battery will vary depending on your application. You will need to monitor your battery voltage and specific gravity to determine when equalization is needed. For example, it is time to equalize if the measured specific gravity values are below manufacturer's recommended values after charging (recommended value for Trojan Deep Cycle batteries is 1.277 +/- .007 at 80o F). Equalizing is also required if the specific gravity value of any individual cell varies 30 points or more. Reduced performance can also be an indicator that equalizing is necessary. Equalization should also be performed when individual battery voltages in a battery pack range greater than 0.15 volts for 6 volt batteries or 0.30 volts for 12 volt batteries.

All batteries, regardless of their chemistry, self-discharge. The rate of self-discharge depends on the type of battery, the age of the battery, and the storage temperature the batteries are exposed to. As an estimate, Trojan batteries self-discharge approximately 4% per week at 80 F.

Deionized Water Supply - Maximizes battery life by removing dissolved solids that are present in tap water and can lead to shortened battery life. Economical, the separate bed deionizer uses an ion exchange cartridge filled with non-toxic synthetic resins to remove impurities from you tap water before it enters the battery. Or use DISTILLED water.

use this link to trojan for more information. http://www.trojanbattery.com/Tech-Su...intenance.aspx
bonduranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:33 PM   #3
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...s-eleclube.jpg
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Battery Break In.pdf (45.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: pdf Battery Guide.pdf (45.4 KB, 25 views)
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:43 PM   #4
easydoesit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Shou shouldnt let your batteries run below 50% capacity. Running your battery below that will shorten their life span. Running them till your cart barely moves can cause permanent damage.

Batterytable1-1.jpg
easydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:44 PM   #5
Stubbsboogie
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys! Great info.

Just went and plugged it in

Like I said I know exactly nothing. There is some good reading on this site, so I am studing up tonight. So as to keep the dumb questions to a minimum.
Stubbsboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car