lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
Woodwalker
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Battery Charger

After the charger has charged the pack and shut down, at what voltage is it suppose to cycle back on. I was told the batteries have to be at 32 volts[ 36 volt car] for the charger to cycle on. I recently had a charger issue and am now monitoring the batteries to determine if my issue is solved. I have found the voltage to be at 32-35 and the charger not on. I can remove the cord from the car, reinsert it and the charger will come on. I have checked the voltage sometime after the charger goes off and the pack has been at 38+. I would think the charger should cycle on way before the voltage goes to 32 or 33. Thanks for the help.
Woodwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery Charger

I do not know of a 36v charger that cycles back on? Are you certain about this? What model charger? What year cart? The pack is to be recharged anywhere between 37& 36 volts ....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:17 AM   #3
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I do not know of a 36v charger that cycles back on? Are you certain about this? What model charger? What year cart ? The pack is to be recharged anywhere between 37& 36 volts ....
bump
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:53 AM   #4
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

My club car automatic charger (36V) does not cycle back on by itself. It will however start charging again if I unplug from cart and plug back in.

Hope this helps.
NewtoBuggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:22 PM   #5
Woodwalker
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the replies. I must have misunderstood the operation of the charger when I purchased the Golf Car and charger. That brings up another question. Can my charger be modified to cycle on and off as needed to keep the batteries charged? Thanks again
Old 01-19-2011, 10:29 AM   #6
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I do not know of a 36v charger that cycles back on? Are you certain about this? What model charger? What year cart? The pack is to be recharged anywhere between 37& 36 volts ....
Depends , answer the ?'s
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodwalker View Post
Thanks for the replies. I must have misunderstood the operation of the charger when I purchased the Golf Car and charger. That brings up another question. Can my charger be modified to cycle on and off as needed to keep the batteries charged? Thanks again
NO your charger can not be modified to maintain .. I suspect you may be able to put it on a timer to run say 8 hours a month or such or you could look into a 36v charger with a maintenance mode.
Coming soon to a sponsor near you ...
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 03:42 PM   #8
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

this one looks nice. link

it pulse desulfates while maintaining a healthy float charge. depending on your usage, this could potentially replace your full size charger. im testing their 12v version in a another thread.
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 04:53 PM   #9
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

If you had another brand of charger that did automatically cycle it would be fine, but I dont know of any CCC 36 volt that works that way? The 48 volt CC- Lester charger combined with OBC does wonderful job, so maybe in the future like so many owners you will update to 48 volts and then be all set?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #10
Woodwalker
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks,sonicj, for the link to the Batery Minder. I am familiar with their products as I use two of their 12 volt ones. If this charger/maintener will work for the Golf Car, that is the way to go in my opinion. When my charger issue started I began to look for used 36 volt chargers because I did not want to spend more money on mine than it was worth. I was prepared to spend what this Battery Minder costs to fix my current Club Car charger after checking the cost of a new charger. In my opinion why would you spend the several hundred dollars for the Club Car charger when the Battery Minder charger can be bought for less than $150.00. The two 12 volt's I use have worked great for several years. Thanks again for the link. Everyone have a great day. I have been on this forum a very short time but all have helped me tremendously.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car