lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
HarleyOne
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default CC motor upgrade

Hello guys I need some help choosing a motor. Im building a 2000 CC Carryall. Right now I have 4g wires, 6 inch all sport lift, and I dont know which size wheel / tire combo Im going with yet? 22 or 23 tires? but I do know what im looking for in a motor upgrade. I want more pulling torque & more speed (but nothing crazy). I have talk to the folks at EMP for a rewind and theres seems like a nice upgrade if you go with the 2 speed option but im not very keen on the added switch option for shift on the fly. I havent talked with anyone at plum quick yet but I will soon. I will be useing this carryall for fun & around the house to haul as well. I would like to use the stock curtis PMC controler if I can. Its rated at 300 amps. I will have a new battery pack as well. I also have a new solinoid & F/R switch but there again all stock as well. I know someone has some input on which way would be the best. Thanks for all the help.
HarleyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: CC motor upgrade

A motor upgrade will require more than stock controller ( most are less than 300, 250-275 ) I would talk with motor company direct about what they feel you need with all options now and later on to get what you want for purformance.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #3
HarleyOne
Gone Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the reply mac I looked at the controller itself & it had 300amps on the tag would a carryall have a larger one by design?
HarleyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

If its a 300 amp controller that would mean on your Carryall that its a Shunt Motor with F&R rocker switch under right leg. Series motors show 250 amp controller lever F&R under right leg.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
emp or pq
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car