lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2011, 04:48 PM   #31
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 DS new to me. No power except lights.

If you like so many owners end up doing more upgrades to their carts I would go with a higher amp controller than the 1204 225 amp rated? Most jump to a 400-500 amp controller, as a 300 amp is too close to be of much value? Factory units can be found from companies that rebuild them but last I checked the price difference with rebuilt to new was too close together I think?
You can get by with units like Alltrax and they come 2 ways, none programable ( much cheaper ) example NPX 4844 400 amp rated, or more expensive programable AXE 4844 400 amps rated, or AXE 4855 500 amp rated, the non programable come factory set up for your cart and existing and later modifications. NOTE HAVE LIST of updates and possible later on additions. ( this includes tire diameter, lift kit higth, rear seat, HD springs, different HP motors, possible pack voltage changes, etc ) I personaly dont see the need for a programable controller unless you are going to be making changes in way controller operates? NOTE PROGRAMABLE UNITS DOES NOT CHANGE MAX VOLTAGE RATING ONLY certain points through operating range? This would be great for races, or variable load haulers, etc but I see no reason for normal use.
BE VERY CAREFUL TO GET A CONTROLLER FOR 5K-0 OHMS input as CC is one of few that doesn't use the standard 0-5K ohm input unit.
Check with forum sponsors that help make this forum available for us all for your needed parts.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #32
bc40ton
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Great info there MEC. Prob go with a non programmable. Will check with sponsors on here first. Thanks all, hopefully this will fix all my problems if not I know where to come back to!
bc40ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:29 PM   #33
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Make sure U tell us what U decide,
and pictures of U doing wheelie
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 03:39 PM   #34
bc40ton
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks everyone for your help. Picked up a LGS 480 amp controller and HD solenoid from Scottyb(thanks). Threw it together and off she went. Only getting about 13-14mph with the new batteries but read that they need cycling to come up to "par"
I hope I can get up to around 18-20mph with the stock motor and the 22x11x10 tires.
Thanks again for everyone involved!! Bruce

Going to cover it with clear plexi if I cant find the access cover I need.

Gonna put the top and seats on wed.

bc40ton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:12 PM   #35
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news BUT.
Ur gonna have to go with a high speed motor to get 5-7 more mph out of it.
U might pick up 1-2 mph from battery break in , but thats it,
and top and seats will slow U even more.

Great looking cart , and perfect wiring
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car