lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-21-2011, 10:31 AM   #21
carguy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: Why not marine batteries?

They don't carry 12 volt gc batteries, though.[/QUOTE]

Jus' throwin this out for what its worth, but how about doing the 6 - 8 volt conversion on the 12 volt cars? Over the years would it pay for itself?
I dunno . . . . something to think about.

Have fun, Dave
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2011, 12:01 PM   #22
GolfGirl
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Why not marine batteries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by encbuggy View Post
why don't you become a battery distributor? if volume got high enough you could have "free" batteries.
This, of course, is always an idea but generally, you have to have huge distribution to get deep discounts. With Harris battery just about 15 miles (at most) away from us, I doubt we could compete and they sell enough to get the huge discounts from the manufacturers.

1st quote came in and they want 85 ea for 24 6V Dekas, 92.50 ea for 42 8V Dekas, and 168.50 ea for 40 12V Dekas . . .

Boy I hope Harris has better news!
GolfGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:45 AM   #23
seadoo10
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I recently paid 160.00 each for 4 Trojan t1275 batteries. They came from Batteries Plus through the guy who sold me my Precedent. He says he gave em to me at cost. My point being that, if I paid 160.00 ea. for 4, you should get a much better price for 40.
seadoo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:08 PM   #24
GolfGirl
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadoo10 View Post
I recently paid 160.00 each for 4 Trojan t1275 batteries. They came from Batteries Plus through the guy who sold me my Precedent. He says he gave em to me at cost. My point being that, if I paid 160.00 ea. for 4, you should get a much better price for 40.
I'm in total agreement and having seen several people who paid 150 or 160 for 12V Tojans, I thought I'd get better pricing but my absolute best price has been 158.52 for US 12V.
GolfGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 02:07 PM   #25
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

well if CC is not using trojan's any longer , then get comprable Crown or US at a significent savings .
And U do not have to have a distributer real close for US they will deliver.
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12v marine
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car