lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
Pique
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1999 DCS Intermitent Failures

Hello All

I have a 1999 EZGO TXT DCS as it has the toggle switch. It has been having an intermitent problem where it will die and not run. Below are the details I have for the tesing I 've done.

- Fully charged volts across the pack = 37.2 V
- After 30 minutes running voltage is = 36.8 V
- When it stops working, solenoid will always click when pedal is pressed
- Back-up alarm always works when put in reverse
- When it starts to act up, sometimes after the 2-3 seconds of pressing the pedal, it will go.
- While driving it will sometimes start to cut out. Usually I floor it and head for home (so I don't have to push or tow) and at full out it doesn't hesitate anymore.
- I thought I found the issue when one wire on the ITS seemed loose, but after fixing that the problem persisted. Micro switch seems like the spring is weak

My question is, could the micro-swith or "speed controller" (white donut with the magnetic plunger? for lack of the correct term) in the ITS be the source of the problem. I believe that the wiring is good and isn't grounding. Does the "speed controller" ever become tired or defective? Or is this something symptomatic of a defective solenoid?

Thx
Paul
Pique is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 1999 DCS Intermitent Failures

welcome.......the controller will go into thermal shutdown and when it cools off will be fine again...........you might want to give this post a day or so until the real guru,s get back from holiday................it also could be a speed switch problem but my best advice is if your diagosing this yourself and gonna do your own repairs the best money you,ll spend is on the service manual for your cart..........gives you everything you need including troubleshooting and step by step testing..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #3
Pique
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Shawodman

I'll definitely look into getting the manual and wait for the gurus. I don't have much choice in troubleshooting the problem myself because the cart is at my campsite which is pretty far from a cart service center. Closest place I found is about a 45-60 minute drive. Is the manual available for purchase online in a downloadable format?
Old 06-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #4
Pique
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have tried following the troubleshooting section of the manual but have now hit a road block. Originally I had disconnected the backup speaker because it was annoying and for my testing I decided to reconnect it. Now the speaker does nothing but beep repeatedly and the cart can only go in reverse even if it is Forward. I think I saw this mentioned on a another post but I cannot find it. Does anyone know what the repeated beeping and the ability to only go in reverse indicate?
Thanks
Paul
Old 06-04-2011, 02:31 PM   #5
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Here's a 7 step troubleshooting sequence for the DCS cart:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ezgo DCS Troubleshooting.pdf (81.2 KB, 23 views)
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

HE might have a PDS cart. What ever it is... It sounds the controller is bad. But we should confirm the year and drive system type.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #7
Pique
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

How do I confirm the drive system. It has the switch on the controller case. 1999 Txt
Old 06-04-2011, 03:32 PM   #8
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Look here: Guide to tell if Ezgo is Series or Sepex(regen) system ( in the stickies)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:44 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Both DCS and PDS had the run/tow switch on the controller cover. Do you have a toggle switch F&R in the dash or lever by your knee?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:58 AM   #10
Pique
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

The F/R switch is behind my knees. It is a circular can with two micro switches on each side.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO