lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
mudduck84
Not Yet Wild

Default 1988 ez go gas fuel system problem

Hi all! I have a 1988 ez go gas motor golf cart. It stopped running the other day so I took the carb off and cleaned it, replaced gas line, fuel filter, and took fuel pump off. When I took the pump off I found that one of the diaphrams was bad so I ordered a new fuel pump and put it on. Then I tried to start it and it isn't sucking the gas from the fuel tank. There are no holes in the gas line, the compression from crankcase for the pump is coming out very well, carb is good because if I fill the fuel filter up the cart will run until the gas is gone from filter and carb, the fuel pump is working because it will pump whatever gas is in the filter through the line when I try to start the engine with the gas line off the carb, the pickup tube for gas tank is clear and there is nothing blocking the fuel from the tank to the pump. I exhausted everything I could possibly think of and its still not working right. Also I just want to thank everyone in advance for any and all help possible.
mudduck84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2011, 05:04 AM   #2
racin161
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1988 ez go gas fuel system problem

Remove the fuel cap place a rag over it to protect your mouth and blow into the fuel tank to force fuel into the pump. I know it sounds strange but this problem has been here for awhile. For some reason the pump needs to be primed by mouth or compressed air. Try it you'll like it.
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 06:16 AM   #3
worqhors
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The fuel, pumpust have gas inside it. That is the reason for priming. Blow air thru the gas tank opening until gas comes out of the pump (of course while blowing air, somebody must be pressing on the gas pedal).
worqhors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
mudduck84
Not Yet Wild

thanks guys i did what you suggested and it seems to be sucking it from the tank now. very much appreciated!!
mudduck84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 03:05 PM   #5
dhanks89
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudduck84 View Post
thanks guys i did what you suggested and it seems to be sucking it from the tank now. very much appreciated!!
This needs to be a sticky!! Ive got the same prob, going to have to prime my pump the same way
dhanks89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:13 AM   #6
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I have used an outboard fuel tank pump bulb to correct such problems. I leave one permanently installed just in case!
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 11:42 AM   #7
dhanks89
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tew45 View Post
I have used an outboard fuel tank pump bulb to correct such problems. I leave one permanently installed just in case!
I may need to invest in that
dhanks89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1988, ez go gas, fuel system
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO