lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2011, 03:45 AM   #21
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Default Re: "Late 80's" Gas Marathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lane66 View Post
Ok here is the engine bay hope this helps. ALSO HERE IS THE DRIVEN CLUTCH I FREED UP. IT SLIDES IN AND OUT FREELY BUT CART ONLY MOVES AT A WALK. NEW BELT, 1 3/16 WIDE 45 LONG, ANY IDEAS.I TOOK THE BELT OFF AND RAN THE ENGINE UP , THE SHEAVES CLOSE UP AND RELEASE. DID THIS SEVERAL TIMES FWD & RVS. PUT THE BELT BACK ON AND STILL MOVES AT JUST A WALK. I HAVE TO HELP IT GET STARTED THAN IT CRAWLS ALONG.
lane. nice job on the engine compatmment! one of the cleanest 2pgs i have seen.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2011, 07:57 AM   #22
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

yeah, Lane - geez - quit showing that thing off or a lot of OUR carts are gonna get jealous and want the same treatment, hahaha ... YOU SIR, are the proud owner of a 1988 cart (and again, an exceptionally clean one at that). Whatever you do do NOT allow that wrapped exhaust pipe to get damaged, BTW - took me over a year to even FIND one for my 88.

And Kid - yep, that's a 3pg which is a pretty much no-questions-asked indicator that your cart has had a facelift ... Just for fun (if it were ME) I'd hunt down a nice plastic 94-up front cowl and do a little mod work to install it (as long as the cart is already changed from stock) - it's fairly easy with basic fab skills and will make that cart look like a million bucks (as well as look like a newer cart, the old-style rear end actually works pretty well line-wise with the newer cowls).

Also Lane - I believe you may have too long of a belt there, the 88's had a one-year-only shorter belt, the part number is 23557-G1 (Dayco) but for the life of me as I go through my notes here I can't find the length (although 45" doesn't click and seems long) ... You should *just* be able to roll it on or off the clutches with a slight struggle, if it pops right on then that's a good indicator it's too long and likely could be slipping or having troubles
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #23
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I used the HP3004 belt on my 88 and it works fine
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:49 PM   #24
1lane66
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I ordered the 23557-g1 it's 45 inch. Just like the one i have so i ordered a 44 inch belt and should have it tomorrow, will see how it works . Hope i can get it on cause the 45 inch was a little tight getting off. IS THE HP3004 A DAYCO BELT AND IS IT 45 0R 44 INCH?
1lane66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #25
jeffrun
Gone Wild

hp3004 is 44.125 per Dayco list..link below.

http://www.daycoproducts.com/daycowe...f!OpenDocument
jeffrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:18 PM   #26
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

this is where got my belt, sorry people ,but they have the best price and I had it in a couple days.
http://www.mfgsupply.com/m/c/HP3004.html
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 08:11 PM   #27
1lane66
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Got the 44 inch belt on today. No difference, still won't catch belt enough to run past a walk and then i have to help it start. I think i've got engine problems,,not enough rpm's to allow sheaves to close up and make the belt ride up to pull the drive clutch on the differential like it should. When the engine is running now it doesn't seem to be running smooth and sputters ever now and then. It is running cause i see smoke out the back, not alot but a steady stream of light smoke. It isn't heavy. I tried adjusting the screw on the top of the carb and even removed the jet next to it and cleaned both. Checked spark plug and appears ok. What do i need to do to get more rpm and smoother running from motor. I'm almost at wits end with this. It cann't be that hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any ideas ? 1lane
Old 08-24-2011, 09:29 PM   #28
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

First, it sounds like your carb could use a real good going over - a simple cleaning isn't very helpful with these 2-stroke carbs. Here's a diagram with all the "usual suspects" circled, pull the carb and make sure to thoroughly ckear and clean out ALL the jets circled in the pic (as well as the needle valve, also circled) - see what happens from there

Old 08-26-2011, 09:35 PM   #29
1lane66
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Took the carb off today and disassembled. It being a new carb i was shocked to see the dirt build up in the fuel bowl,,dried on the float also. Anyway cleaned everything and reassembled. Put on new fuel lines and filter. Still runs like before. Won't reach top end and sputters. I checked the fuel pump and it's kicking out fuel. Not a real heavy stream but steady. I'm going to pull the belt back off tomorrow and look at the internal parts of the clutch again and maybe take the fuel pump apart. I know it's something simple ans stupid causing my problem, just don't see it yet. Just cann't get it to run faster than a walk.
Old 08-26-2011, 09:43 PM   #30
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

did you run a fine piece of wire through all the jets as well as spray them out (and the seats where they go) - early on in my "cart career" I pulled my carb apart like 3X before I actually got it right, turned out spraying the jets wasn't enough and neither was soaking them, they had some crud in there that I had to ream out with a chunk of copper wire ... Also check the needle valve and seat VERY close, if there's any crud in there it could easily impede gas flow
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO