lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #1
tvj503
Getting Wild

Default Battery cable needs to be replaced

I have a 2008.5 CC Precedent wilth a frayed battery cable that needs to be replaced. I am running 4 12's....can I simply remove and replace the bad cable? Does it matter which battery it's on? I've read in this forum about how the batteries are connected and that it's important to deal with them in a particular order. Does it need to be in the tow position? Any other considerations? Thanks for all responses!
tvj503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2012, 09:43 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery cable needs to be replaced

The RUN/TOW switch MUST be in TOW position before any electrical work can proceed or you risk catastrophic controller failure.

Replace the cable with a Golf Cart battery cable of equal or better values. Usually if one cable shows frayed .... the rest are not so good either, maybe time for a new set.... there are only 3 on the batteries and 5-7 on the rest of the cart.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
tvj503
Getting Wild

Thanks Scotty B. What size cable do you suggest? Will the larger cable pull more current? Will the cart run faster or longer with the larger cable? You can tell I'm really a novice at this...but I'll get better, thanks to folks like you that are willing to help out.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:16 PM   #4
Colbyntx
Gone Wild

Club Car

Stock cables should be 6ga. Since it's a 2008.5 I would replace the 1 and when it's time for new batteries get a whole new set with 6-8V batteries! If it has original 12V batteries then it shouldn't be too long from now.
Colbyntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #5
tvj503
Getting Wild

Ok, thanks Colby. Let's hope the batteries last a little longer. They are actually December, 2009 so I hope they'll last long enough for me to get over the purchase price of the cart!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car