lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
TimOub007
Not Yet Wild

Talking Just bought my first cart - 95 DS

As the title says, I just got my first cart today. Looking at the serial number, it is a 1995 Club Car DS. It has already been lifted some and has some larger tires on it. The guy I got it from recently put in 6 new batteries from Napa and said he changed the brakes. This cart supposedly went back to the Club Car factory for a complete rebuild around 2007. Is/Was this common or is it unlikely and just a line the guy selling it told me?

I was going to add a few pictures so you guys can tell me exactly what I have and what I may want to improve/change, but I haven't been a member long enough. My use of this cart will be at my Texas Hill Country deer lease. My young children will drive it soon as well as my wife.

Tim
TimOub007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2012, 05:30 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Just bought my first cart - 95 DS

Welcome to BGW, that sounds like a good starter cart. 95 CC was a series drive cart. A good choice for off road driving.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:27 AM   #3
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimOub007 View Post
This cart supposedly went back to the Club Car factory for a complete rebuild around 2007. Is/Was this common or is it unlikely and just a line the guy selling it told me?

Tim

What is serial number? If first two items are a number followed by a letter, then it is a Club Car remanufactured unit, ie 1A or 2A or 3A, etc . . . however, if your serial number begins with a letter, then yes, the guy selling it had provided bad info . . .

FYI - Club Car issues new serial numbers on it's rebuilds . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
TimOub007
Not Yet Wild

The serial number is A9547-474966.

There are two serial number plates right next to each other. One is a metal plate with the numbers stamped in it and then next to it is another that is more like a sticker and it has a bar code under the numbers.

I guess the seller had bad info. I still think I'll be pleased with the unit for what I need a cart for. With the new batteries and decent tires I only gave $3400.

Tim
TimOub007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car