lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-24-2013, 06:59 AM   #1
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 23's a concern?

In the process of upgrading stock components on 2001 EZGO PDS. Hoping to increase speed as much as possible. Got Alltrax DCX500PDS and Scotty's HD 400 amp solenoid ready to install (hopefully this weekend). 3.5 year old Battery pack is 36v currently, but will be 48v when they pass. All 2ga wires with stock motor.

Gonna go with plum quick motor. Rick suggested the bandit was the best way to go for the way I use cart and setup I have. However, he did have some concern with the 23inch tires that the cart has. I bought the cart with them on there before being blessed witht he knowledge of this site. He mentioned that 22's would be ideal but 23's should be ok as long as I turn the turbo feature down on the controller.

Anyone else running this type of setup with special controller settings or suggestions? Just trying to figure out whether to look for new tires or leave the setup alone. Certainly dont want to put any of these new componets at risk.

Thanks for any input
JGDUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #2
as350pilot
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 23's a concern?

I am running an Alltrax DCX400 with a PQ Bandit, a 6" lift, rear seat, and 23" tires on 12" wheels. It is just fine, and runs about 31 - 33 mph....
as350pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Wow. If I can get speeds like that I will be extremely happy.
Old 01-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #4
fishb8
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am running:
2002 Ezgo 48v series with Plum Quick motor
400amp Alltrax
4 gauge wires, fold down back seat
4 inch lift
22inch tires on 12inch rims

I get 28mph. And for me that is fast enough. Wish I would have bought a programmable controller. I find that sometimes I could use more torque.
fishb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My neighbor has a 36volt TXT with upgraded controller and motor. He has an insane amount of torque. He is waiting for batteries to die, as they are getting close then plans on going 48 volt. He has the same tires I got which are 23 x 10 x 14. If your long term plan is to go 48 I would go with 23". You will have a little better speed when all complete and with the controller and motor upgrade torque should not be an issue. Mind you I only have experience with RXV's but am always watching what my neighbor is up to. We are constantly comparing his cart as he makes upgrades to his TXT as it was stock when he purchased it. From a dead stop he has more torque but once moving I leave him behind.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:36 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

As most of the folks already in this thread can tell you, 25+ in a cart is moving and will get your attention.. I think you have already done the brakes so that is a good thing. With 36 volts you should be all over 30. Once you go to 48, hang on..
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #7
MiltonC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
As most of the folks already in this thread can tell you, 25+ in a cart is moving and will get your attention.. I think you have already done the brakes so that is a good thing. With 36 volts you should be all over 30. Once you go to 48, hang on..
My RXV does 26 mph with 23s and a 6" lift. I agree with kgsc, that fast enough for me, and maybe too fast for my wife (short attention span).

I worry about the electric brake failing on the RXV, but so far so good, and the controller allows the programming, so I guess it will be ok.
MiltonC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #8
Jerj7907
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have to agree with everyone. I have drove a cart at 45 mph, don't ask, and believe me it was down right scary at times. Mine does 27 and that is just fine. There is a reason these things are set to 19.5 stock. With 6" lift it is probably unsafe by most standards.
Jerj7907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #9
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for all the info. I definitely am looking for speed but nothing unsafe as my family is normally along for the ride.

I was just wondering if the 23 tires were too much load on the soon to be new motor and controller. PQ made me feel like they would work but 22 were ideal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 01-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

At least with that controller, if you get it all together and you think it is too fast for family, turn it down with the software.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
23", tires
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO