lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
bpj280
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Which Motor To Buy?

Hi I am new to BGW. I have a ezgo txt with PDS system. My cart is lifted with 22" tires, stock controller, 6 ga.wiring, motor is stock. The motor has gone out on my cart. I use this cart for hunting only. I have been looking online all day to decide which motor to buy to fix cart and I can't decide what to do. What would you'all recommend to add a little torque and get me back going.
bpj280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #2
Schunter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Which Motor To Buy?

Give Plum Quick a call
Schunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
bpj280
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schunter View Post
Give Plum Quick a call
I did talk with him earlier today and they suggest some sort of torque motor. He said it would take 3 weeks for him to get one. I would like it fixed quicker than that. Also it is 36v with brand new interstate batts
Old 01-28-2013, 07:39 PM   #4
Schunter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpj280 View Post
I use this cart for hunting only. ... What would you'all recommend to add a little torque and get me back going.
Torque is what i want for my hunting cart,,P.Q. just built me a new motor for my new hunting cart took 2 weeks.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #5
bpj280
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Allright here is what I'm thinking of getting. 500amp alltrax controller, 400a/1000a solenoid, 2Ga wire set and D&D 5021 Torque motor. Is this the best setup for pds carts for hunting?. Is there another motor ii should be looking at?
Old 01-29-2013, 08:31 PM   #6
URBANNGUERILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpj280 View Post
Allright here is what I'm thinking of getting. 500amp alltrax controller, 400a/1000a solenoid, 2Ga wire set and D&D 5021 Torque motor. Is this the best setup for pds carts for hunting?. Is there another motor ii should be looking at?
I know D&D makes a pretty wide range of motors for speed or torque or a little of both. I can't help you with your motor selection though because I have a series.

However, I would strongly suggest calling them and telling them EXACTLY what your intentions and expectations are, and they will steer you in the right direction. I had a motor that "I knew" was really good for my application and it turns out I was quite wrong. The motors they suggested were around the same price as the one I was looking at, so it didn't make much of a difference.
I have not bought any motors yet, so I can't attest to my satisfaction. Many here have and are very happy with them.
Call them before 9AM Eastern and ask to speak to an engineer. (When I emailed them the person that answered my email gave me the heads-up to call before 9am and I would most likely be transferred to an engineer immediately without a wait.) I called at about 8:20am and spoke to someone immediately.

Good luck, keep us posted!
URBANNGUERILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:49 PM   #7
URBANNGUERILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Torque is what i want for my hunting cart,,P.Q. just built me a new motor for my new hunting cart took 2 weeks.
Schunter.. Maybe if I upgrade my motor to D&D we can compare them sometime since you are right by me.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #8
Schunter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBANNGUERILLA View Post
Schunter.. Maybe if I upgrade my motor to D&D we can compare them sometime since you are right by me.
Sounds good im in the process of building a BAD A$$ hunting cart.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #9
URBANNGUERILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Sounds good im in the process of building a BAD A$$ hunting cart.
Would love to see pics of it man. It would be cool to see what someone else is doing.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #10
ab46501
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have no experience with Plum Quick but I hear really good things about them. I did purchase a D&D series motor a few months back and I have been extremely pleased so far.
ab46501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO