lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2013, 07:40 AM   #1
devybob
Gone Wild

Default new battery problem

My 7 interstate batteries are 7 months old and I was not getting much run time from them so a battery check revealed 1 bad battery @4.2 volts fully charged( I wouldn't blame the battery, I might have shorted out a cell months ago by accident) My question is if I can replace 1 bad battery and what would be the procedure.
devybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: new battery problem

IIRC, Interstate has a prorated warranty, so you might get a discount on a replacement if the battery terminals don't advertize your Boo-Boo.

As for adding a new battery to a 7 month old pack, you will be okay if the replacement is the same make and model as the others. (At least the same AH rating)

What will happen is that the new battery will age quickly and by the time the others are a year old, the new one will also have the storage capacity of a year old battery.

If possible, fully charge the new 6V battery with a 6V charger and reconfigure the 42V pack back to 36V and fully charge it with a 36V charger.
Or do whatever you can do to get the six original an the seventh (New) battery all at the same at-rest voltage before using/charging them as a 42V pack.

Then follow the new battery break-in process of a dozen or so light discharge cycles. (Which might even improve the 7 month old batteries. )
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #3
devybob
Gone Wild

Thank you johnnyb,I knew I could count on you for an answer.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
devybob
Gone Wild

Returned 1 interstate battery to costco for replacement and was told to replace all 7 batteries. They gave me 7 new batteries "no charge". Tough to beat!
Old 02-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

WOW..... sound like somebody just got a customer for life and some free advertising... lol
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:39 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Ditto.

Kudos for Costco.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO