lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2013, 07:50 AM   #1
justykumbusty
Not Yet Wild

Default 98 TXT Freedom Question

Hello,
I would like to know if this sounds normal to you.
I have a golf cart as listed in title, when I charge it and use it it works GREAT, almost being able to pop a wheelie but, when I get about a half of charge left (battery indicator on dash has 1/2 bars as full) it starts to slow down- still able to climb hills but it does definatly slow down. When I go to recharge it it works great but only for that 1/2. Any help would be great or if this is normal- thanks
justykumbusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 98 TXT Freedom Question

I'm not sure, but you may have a misconception about when to charge the batteries and how far to discharge them.

They should be charged after each use. (Fully charged is 38.20V for a 36V battery pack)
They should never be discharged to 50% State of Charge or below. (50% SoC is 36.31V for a 36V battery pack)

As for the bar graph type gauges, they've been known to tell more lies than politicians.
Get a Digital voltmeter type, so you will know what the actual voltage is.

It is normal for cart to be slow when the batteries are low.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
Oneunder
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 98 TXT Freedom Question

Exactly what happened with my cart. Just as JohnnieB suggested, I got the digital meter and also left the bar meter hooked up so I could compare them. When my bar meter read half down, the digital was in the low 35s. Yes, I have new batteries on the way.
Oneunder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries, ezgo, freedom, golf, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO