lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #21
83liftedezgo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: No power thru solenoid

When the solenoid clicked when I had the fnr in reverse and it rocked backward when I touched the wires to the battery. I don't have acces to a computer so having to do this from my phone the wiring diagram on here is very blurry when I pull it up
83liftedezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #22
83liftedezgo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I e went through the wirin diagrams and I've found 2 different ones not sure which one to use the one posted on the sticky only show 2 micro switches and I have another diagram that show 3 micro switches one of which is the half speed reverse could someone please tell me how to wire this thing so it works I've tried tried wiring it for the 2 switches and it doesn't work not sure where to go from here should I wire it for three switches and see how it goes
Old 03-23-2013, 04:51 AM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If I understand this correctly, you are turning a 1990 Marathon controller cart into a resistor cart with parts from a 1983 Marathon and you are using the F/R assembly from the controller cart, which 3 microswitches on it.

It gets a bit complex because the way the solenoid (and reverse beeper) is wired in a resistor cart is entirely different than how its is wired in a controller cart.

If I was doing it, I'd wire the solenoid basically the same as it is in a controller cart since it is a less convoluted series circuit.

1. Starting at the main positive terminal on the battery pack, it goes to the keyswitch.

2. From the keyswitch, it goes to MS-2 on the F/R assemble. (MS-2 is the single microswitch that closes when F or R is selected. The double microswitch is for the reverse beeper and half speed reverse - they are not part of the solenoid activation circuit, so leave them disconnected for the time being.)

3. From S-2, it goes to the C (Common) terminal of the microswitch on the Accelerator wiper assembly and it goes out the NC (Normally Closed) terminal.

4. From the NC terminal on the accelerator microswitch, it goes to one of the small terminals on the solenoid.

5. The other small terminal on the solenoid is connected to the main negative terminal on the battery pack.

Wire it that way and the solenoid will click when the F/R lever is in F or R and the pedal is pushed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Marathon - Controller Schematic. with KSI traced.JPG (78.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #24
83liftedezgo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Haven't had time to get to the wiring between the weather and sick dog. Hopfully I can get to it tomorrow
Old 03-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #25
83liftedezgo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Got the solenoid wired up got it to click in forward and reverse but the contacts on the wiper board are sparking when you put it in forward and hit the accelerator pedal
Old 03-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #26
83liftedezgo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

If any body has any suggestions on how to remedy this let me know or if going back with a controller is a better idea where I could find a good used set up that somebody has laying around
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO