lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2013, 05:59 AM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Over two days charging

Something is strange about the first cell measured in the video.

I theory at least, the voltage between the external positive terminal and the electrolyte in first cell should be approximately 1/2 the cell potential, since the measurement is only across 1/2 of the cell. This is roughly what yurtle saw when he tried it. (~2.2V increments except for the first cell)

The voltage between the electrolyte of one cell to an adjacent cell would be the full potential of a lead-acid cell because the measurement is across a positive plate, electrolyte and a negative plate. Technically, the measurement is across two 1/2 cells, and the resultant voltage equates to a one cell potential.

@ Rib, do you touch the plates or just dip the probes in the electrolyte?

If you just dip the probe into the electrolyte, do you get a similar reading between the negative post and the first cell as you do between the positive post and the first cell?
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #22
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I was going to attempt negative post to electrolyte, negative post to plates, plates to plates, etc., but after getting my first reading of post to electrolyte, I attempted to place the probe on the plates. It sank into them, just under its own weight. I lifted it out and carefully tried again at another location, but got the same result, so I abandoned that idea. It felt very soft, almost like placing it in jello.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:47 AM   #23
Guam135i
Not Yet Wild

Do they have dry cell batteries for golf carts?
Guam135i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:02 AM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guam135i View Post
Do they have dry cell batteries for golf carts?
I'm not aware of any true dry-cell batteries for golf carts, but sealed lead-acid batteries (Valve-Regulated Lead–Acid battery or VRLA) such as Gel-Cell batteries and AGM batteries are sometimes advertised as dry cell batteries.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO