lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2015, 02:16 PM   #21
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: 48v ezgo needs more speed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAWN DAVIS View Post
guess you could say the racing was pretty unpredictable
Shawn Davis Battle on the Bayou - YouTube
Did you think this was wild? Heck....you need to come hunting with me in SW Pa. on a cold or muddy morning and try stopping on one of our downhills.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2015, 03:34 PM   #22
paintdude96
Been Wild Since Day 1

E-Z-GO

hey shawn I have a 2004 ezgo txt series with a 500amp controller with all my wires doubled up and a beefed up f&r switch with 27" tall tires . I have added and we called in my neighborhood a go fast button and man I am running 30mph here is how I mounted it
paintdude96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:22 PM   #23
stang99x
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobx View Post
Just Purchased the Raptor motor myself. It seems to be the best option to get my 36V TXT to get closer to 25mph. (I also just purchased the 500A controller, 2g Cables, and HD FR switch).

Question for you, Yurtle, what type of terrain are you on? I live in Florida so its flat. But, I do have a bridge to climb to get to the beach. I'm curious if you've ever been on any incline with your cart, and how it responded.
I haven't seen Yurtle around lately. But he lives about 15 minutes from me. The terrain around here is somewhat hilly. Gentle slopes with some large inclines. I also have the 7126 Raptor motor with an Alltrax 4844 and it will easily hit 30. It's not all that safe at 30, but it will do it no problem. As to performing on an incline, it works fine unless you have 4 people on it or otherwise heavily loaded down and start on the hill from a dead stop. It is slow to go but will do it. Put's a lot of strain on the motor and will excessively heat the wiring. I wouldn't overload it and do that to much. I melted a 4ga in the early days with mine.
stang99x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 09:05 AM   #24
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobx View Post
Just Purchased the Raptor motor myself. It seems to be the best option to get my 36V TXT to get closer to 25mph. (I also just purchased the 500A controller, 2g Cables, and HD FR switch).

Question for you, Yurtle, what type of terrain are you on? I live in Florida so its flat. But, I do have a bridge to climb to get to the beach. I'm curious if you've ever been on any incline with your cart, and how it responded.
Sorry for the late reply. The steepest hill I have is within the range of what a stock EZGO should be able to tackle. I forget the grade. Like all buggies, it will slow down some, but not nearly as much as my stock motor did.

I live an hour north of Atlanta, but the steepest hill is down the *** at our lake.

Censored again. DDAAMM. Ignore the double letters.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO