lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default RXV mystery jumpers & wires

I installed my ScottyB SOC meter in my RXV today and noticed a couple of strange jumpers:

Under the cup holder assembly, there's an 8-pin socket with a plug inserted into it. Said plug has 2 jumpers, connecting 2 pairs of pins. Removing the plug prevents the cart from operating.

Inside the cup holder assembly is another connector with a plug. The plug has 3 gray wires that are connected on one end, with a piece of shrink tubing over the connection. I didn't remove it to see what might happen.

Also inside the cup holder assembly are 2 wires that are connected to other wires with spade connectors. Those seem to be 12VDC, from the voltage converter.

There's also a relay in that area. I didn't test it, but am guessing it's the horn relay.

Any ideas on exactly what these things are, and their purpose?

FWIW: I found the harness going to the dash has 2 red, one black and one yellow wires. The yellow is 48VDC (+), the black is 48VDC (-), and one of the red wires is 48VDC (+), switched by the key. I spliced in 3 female bullet connectors, black, switched red, and yellow. A pair of wires from the meter carry male bullet connectors. This allows me to easily change the meter from "on all the time" to "on when switch is on". I have mine set to "on all the time", the same as on my old CC.
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
grhopper
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV mystery jumpers & wires

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdunmyer View Post
Under the cup holder assembly, there's an 8-pin socket with a plug inserted into it. Said plug has 2 jumpers, connecting 2 pairs of pins. Removing the plug prevents the cart from operating.
This is where the programmer is connected.
grhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Does the cart have the factory lights? I think the jumper is to connect the rear turn signal/brake lights together. This comes out if you get turn signals.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Relay is brake lamp relay. Grey jumper is brake lamp jumper, it gets removed and a turn signal head gets attached if adding turn signals.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:08 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Cg, if I remember correctly there are a purple and red wire that go down to the switch itself? The new basic EZGo light kit does not have the brake lights and wanting to add them. Diagram perhaps?
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:34 AM   #6
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

you may find this useful....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RXV after 5-Dec-2009.JPG (128.5 KB, 0 views)
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #7
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Thanks for the feedback, fellas! It all makes sense now; my cart does have lights, including brake lights.

I think I'm going to really like this machine, but it does drive differently than my old CC.
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO