lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2013, 08:15 AM   #11
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: DPI Charger - Flashing Power On Light

There is only one setting for Trojan batteries and these are a new line of batteries that just came this year (July I believe)
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by azTony View Post
Well I cleaned the connections on the cart and the plug was still it in when I got home. I unplugged it before I cleaned but when I put it back in later to charge it "seemed" like the plug went in a little farther, nothing to compare to except memory.

Plug her in and waited for the 20 amp rise and went to my monthly LandCruiser club meeting. Came home and it said it was fully charged and in the float mode at 58.6V. That seems high compared to what JohnnieB posted.

Do I have a bad charger or is this normal? I sent ScottyB an E-mail yesterday but no reply.
The battery pack may not have been sitting long enough for the voltage to drop down to the float charge level.

-------
It sounds like your charge is working normally now.

The way I understand the 48V DPI charge sequence is:
1. Detection. Puts out about 5A until pack voltage rises to about 55V and then moves to bulk charge.
2. Bulk charge. Constant current mode. About 18A until pack voltage reaches 56.4V (Mode-2 selected) and then switches to the absorption phase.
3. Absorption charge. Constant voltage at about 56.4V in Trojan Mode until current drops down to a low flow rate (I don't know what the trigger point is) and changes to finish charge.
4. Finish charge. dV/dT phase. The voltage is allowed to rise until is ceases rising faster the a few milli-volts per minute. I don't know what the actual rate of change or timing interval is, but when it is reached, the the regular charge terminates and the charger goes into the float charge mode.
5. Float charge. A constant Voltage that is above the At-Rest voltage, but below the Gassing voltage is maintained until the charger is disconnected from cart or AC power is disconnected from charger.

The float charge voltage is lower than the voltage reached during the finish charge stage, so there will be a time lapse before the pack voltage settles down to the float charge voltage. I've never timed it, but it could take several hours.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #13
cableguy_hd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My charger handle was tight going into the cart dock as well. It will go to the line on the handle but its a bear the first few times. That may have been why you got the power light flashing. I did the same thing once or twice ( not have it fully seated in the dock ) but I don't remember what the lights did honestly. Hope that's all it was for you
cableguy_hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #14
azTony
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Cool, will monitor it.

It just seemed the 58.something volts this morning was excessive.
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO