lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2013, 08:13 PM   #1
alohadavid
Not Yet Wild

Default 2002 txt electric ezgo standard 36 volt problems

Hey guys, I'm new to everything golf cart related and would be glad to receive help on this. I just got a used 2002 txt standard electric 36 volt ezgo cart. It struggles really hard up hills or any slants. It's seriously embarrassing! My top speed could be literally 6 mph on flat surfaces. I really want to make this a fun cart and one that can handle any terrain (bumpy roads, grass, etc.) not anything to serious in off-roading, but a strong durable cart that has high speeds up hill and on flat surfaces which also produces strong torque/hp. I also noticed while charging that it stops at the 10 line on the charger. I don't know what that means but it can't be good. I wanted to lift it and other stuff but it's not even doing 10mph. I need some serious help. I was wondering whether I should try to fix this one, convert to gas or sell it and buy a gas one. Your advice is greatly appreciated.
alohadavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 txt electric ezgo standard 36 volt problems

Welcome to the madness!!

Look at the negative post on the batteries and see what it says like D5, this would mean the batteries were made in April of 2005, it may need new batteries but we need to know overall the cart to make determination of what could be wrong. Also where is the forward and reverse at?
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
Great white north
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Welcome to BGW , we need more info ,
What type drive system is your cart ? ( series or sexpex )
What is your pack voltage after being fully charged and after 12 hrs of rest ?
How old are you batteries ?
You can get more info . In the electric Ezgo section and look at the stickies
Cheers!
Great white north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #4
alohadavid
Not Yet Wild

I looked at the negative but can't find anything. Haha sorry I'm not very knowledgeable on this but I know that my cart is as standard as it gets. Just got it from a local golf course used. The forward and reverse are by the seat/ feet area (standard.)
Old 12-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #5
alohadavid
Not Yet Wild

Thanks man! I didn't charge it over 12 hrs. I noticed that it gets stuck at around the line where 5 would be (in between 0 and 10.) I think 3 were just changed and 3 are old.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #6
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by alohadavid View Post
Thanks man! I didn't charge it over 12 hrs. I noticed that it gets stuck at around the line where 5 would be (in between 0 and 10.) I think 3 were just changed and 3 are old.
Allow the charger to shut off automatically. Not all batteries have a date code stamped on the negative terminal so no worries if you can't find it. If they are Trojans they would.
Dennis
e-z-go1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 07:58 PM   #7
Great white north
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

What type of charger do you have ?
Not all chargers are the same , need to know that your charger is charging correctly
Seems like you have a series cart top speed is around 12 mph on stock if I'm not mistaken
Great white north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:50 AM   #8
alohadavid
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Dennis. Yeah mines stops automatically when full, but it seems like if I unplug it then leave it alone (after fully charged) it doesn't have that push like it does if I were to leave it plugged in and then go. Also I checked the reading after fully charged with my voltage meter and it read 38 volts when my cart is 36. Lol is that bad?
Old 01-03-2014, 12:54 AM   #9
alohadavid
Not Yet Wild

I have an ez go power wise charger along with all interstate batteries. I was wondering if rain does damage along with driving off roads and through puddles with a completely stock cart? Should I add distilled water to the batteries?
Old 01-03-2014, 02:37 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Water can certainly do damage to some of the electronics. But if it's running its running and probably okay in the water damage department.

Here's my take on a used cart with 3 old and 3 new batteries.
You need 3 more new batteries. The new and old batteries have complete opposite recharge needs. You will cook the new ones down to the level of the old ones in no time by charging them together. Dealer replaced the 3 worst and the performance is still just 50% of stock specs. Take it back and tell him you want 3 more new batteries even if you have to help him cover the costs a little... Good Luck
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO