lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2014, 08:43 PM   #1
wareagle457
Not Yet Wild

Default reversing contactor install

Ok - been reading threads and working on 2001 ezgo txt 36v - history , bought about 15+ mos ago and right off replaced 5 of 6 batteries (i know - but the other one was only 2 mos old and the batt. co said it would mix OK). it never seemed to have quite enough mmmph about it but it ran good enough until several weeks back. at first it seemed to be finicky about being in just to right spot when putting in F or R - then one day it just quit while driving. towed it home and charged. after much research and searching i found a burnt terminal on the FnR (the one in the 9 oclock position that is labeled s2). ordered and installed one of scotty b's reversing contactors. still nothing happens. one question that i can't seem to get answered is what becomes of the 2 micro switched and beeper with the new RC installed. what am i overlooking or omitting??
i have an e-mail into scotty b , but he was out of touch for the holidays and i'm guessing my e-mail was "buried" in a long list that has not been since since he returned.
i may not be the sharpest tool in the shed , but this electrical stuff can be a real head scratcher . . . .
wareagle457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-05-2014, 08:49 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: reversing contactor install

He will get back to you.....if nothing else, call him tomorrow, just remember he is on the west coast, so allow for the time difference.

oh and btw.......CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:00 PM   #3
wareagle457
Not Yet Wild

thanks sir nuke - i'm sure he will - i seem to converse with him better by e-mail than phone calls.
just wondering if there was something else i could/should be checking in the mean time.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:32 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Is the main solenoid clicking when you try to go? below are the install diagrams for the Exzgo TXT. Technically all the answers are in these 2 diagrams.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0.2R_C diode install.JPG (250.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0.2reversing-contactor-EzgoTXT.jpg (204.0 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:31 AM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I just installed one of these on my 48-V TXT cart. I don't have a reverse buzzer ('cause I know when I'm going in reverse) nor do I have a regen feature on my motor, but let me ask you this: When you hit the "gas" peddle do you hear your solenoid click?

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:27 PM   #6
wareagle457
Not Yet Wild

thanks dave & scotty - followed the diagrams and yes the solenoid clicks. still no go . . . ? ? ? ?
Old 01-06-2014, 09:25 PM   #7
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Ok....so:

1- Do you have your diodes on both sides installed correctly? The stripe side should face up.
2- Do you have the negative 14ga wire hooked, one side from your controller B- onto both bottom tabs of the Rev. Contactor?
3- Do you have the positive 14ga wires hooked to both sides of your Rev Contactor, then to your F\R switch. Then the center of your F\R switch 14ga wire goes to a Positive terminal on your solenoid?
4- Re-check all of your battery\motor wires to make sure you have those going to the correct place on the motor (3 to the motor) and one to the controller.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:59 PM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can you post pics of your wiring? Maybe we can see something?
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:53 PM   #9
wareagle457
Not Yet Wild

it may be a day or 2 - it was 20 degrees and dropping when i got home - - maybe tomorrow or thurs.

OH - i know others are colder than i am - but even if it were running i wouldn't be driving in this weather!
Old 01-11-2014, 01:24 PM   #10
wareagle457
Not Yet Wild

OK - back to working on the cart - trying to add pics per scottyb's request - open to ideas from anyone if it gets me going again,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0056.jpg (124.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7455.jpg (108.2 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO