lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2014, 11:51 AM   #1
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default DPI charger died.....ScottyB, HELP! LOL

My DPI quit working yesterday. It has worked flawlessly since I bought it at the end of April. One of the small chips on the board has smoked. I sent ScottyB an email with all pertinent information, hoping it's still under warranty! Just wanted to give Scott a heads-up that he's got an email waiting.....gotta get the buggy back on the trails!
Knothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: DPI charger died.....ScottyB, HELP! LOL

Its still under warranty, you could call dpi directly too. They will likely tell you to mail them the board, they will mail you a new one. Your only cost would be shipping it to them. When you call dpi, you talk to humans, and they are happy to help the end users.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
Desert Bill
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Its still under warranty, you could call dpi directly too. They will likely tell you to mail them the board, they will mail you a new one. Your only cost would be shipping it to them. When you call dpi, you talk to humans, and they are happy to help the end users.
I am hoping, by your comment, it means a new charger, not a new board. F the shipping...should be on them. They are not giving these chargers away, regardless of Scotty's competitive pricing. We all pay based on our review of products offered by this forum and its sponsors.

I am contemplating a new charger...but if it is a 'hassle' regarding the replacement of a perceived faulty one...I will go elsewhere.

Scotty has not answered (deserving his weekend off), but I am sure he will back up his customers with suppliers issues/warranties.
Desert Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 07:20 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Bill View Post
I am hoping, by your comment, it means a new charger, not a new board.
There are only two sub-assemblies inside the case of a DPI Accusense charger, a transformer and a PC Board assembly.
All the transformer does is steps down the AC line voltage and the PC Board does all the rest, so a new PC Board is effectively a new charger.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:12 PM   #5
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
There are only two sub-assemblies inside the case of a DPI Accusense charger, a transformer and a PC Board assembly.
All the transformer does is steps down the AC line voltage and the PC Board does all the rest, so a new PC Board is effectively a new charger.
The transformer is still humming. No problem there. I am not complaining about the charger, or ScottyB's customer service! It looks like it will take 2 minutes to swap out the PC Board. I would rather do that, than try to box up the charger & ship it anywhere! LOL

I've only heard of a few of these chargers having any problems, out of who-knows-how-many sold......I sorta have "Murphy's Law" luck in all of my endeavors, so it's really no surprise to me that I had a problem!

While I will be completely satisfied with replacing the PCB myself, I am just a little concerned, since I bought this charger because it was described as a "30 year" charger by ScottyB. I hope I don't have to replace the board every 8 months, because eventually I will be stuck paying for the board (@ $130-something!)......

I still believe this is one of the best chargers on the market. I didn't post my problem to start a DPI-bashing, or ScottyB-bashing thread. I simply know that ScottyB is on here on the weekends & wanted to give him a heads-up that I sent him an email with all my pertinent information, so that he can let me know the quickest way to get my charger back in action.....
Old 01-12-2014, 10:34 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I was talking about the board only...trust me, dpi would rather avoid the shipping cost of shipping you a complete charger as well, its ridiculous $$. When i warranted one out (i have only had to do one), they shipped me one, i immediately stuck the bad board in their box and handed it back to the shipper guy the next day. Really, not a huge hassle, its only golf.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:46 PM   #7
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
its only golf.
No golf for me! LOL This buggy will never see another golf course!
Old 01-13-2014, 07:23 AM   #8
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Bill View Post
They are not giving these chargers away, regardless of Scotty's competitive pricing.
Go an price the competitors 36v or 48v chargers. DPI is the most cost effective I've seen for a transformer style charger.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 08:17 AM   #9
Knothead
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
Go an price the competitors 36v or 48v chargers. DPI is the most cost effective I've seen for a transformer style charger.
Exactly!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:16 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
Don't forget to include 42V chargers.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO