lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2014, 04:15 PM   #1
ezgohunter68
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default ST 4x4 U-Joint Yoke

Has anyone been able to find a source for the 22 spline Spicer drive shaft pinch yokes on an ST 4x4. I just bought a 2005 and all 4 are very loose on the differential input shafts. Ezgo wants $400 for new drive shafts but I only need new yokes. Another option would be to buy straight bore versions and have them splined at a local machine shop but that might cost as much as new complete drive shafts. I've read where you can tap a hole and add set screws but the splines are pretty worn out and would probably wobble and vibrate.
ezgohunter68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2014, 11:05 AM   #2
gemmechanic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: ST 4x4 U-Joint Yoke

I would try calling Spicer tech support and see if an anyone there remembers the ST 4X4. If not, give them measurements of the yokes. There is likely some other piece of equipment that uses the same type. Another possibility may be PTO drive shaft yokes from a bucket truck or small crane were the pump is driven from the transmission. These are about the same size. Creative parts sourcing is important with these obsolete vehicles.

Daniel
gemmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #3
ezgohunter68
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: ST 4x4 U-Joint Yoke

I called Spicer and it turns out EZGO machines these themselves so there are no off the shelf options for this yoke. I got a quote from a local machine shop, $250 per yoke, yikes! I've drilled and tapped (2) 1/4-28 set screws as another member did and used a C-clamp to help close the yoke as much as possible and then tightened the bolt. They're solid as a rock now. I had to rebuild both front half shafts on this cart as well. One of the inside cups was worn so I bought the Gem Half shaft for $125 and used the inside joint to replace the bad one, worked perfect. I've also added set screws to both of the inside CV joint cups so if they wear and get loose I can keep them tight. While the A arms were off I replaced all the bushings, they were shot, I changed the bushings in the leaf springs too. I've also replaced both diff lock solenoids, FNR shift cable, drive belt, added differential guards, changed all the fluids. She's almost ready. This forum has been very helpful and saved me tons on money with all the cross referenced part numbers. Thanks guys!
ezgohunter68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO