lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2015, 05:39 PM   #1
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default 2007 Club Car advice

I apologize if this is in the wrong spot. I'm looking for a club car ds and would prefer the 6 8v setup after reading on here about longer run times and battery life. I found a 2007 Club Car DS that appears to be in pretty good shape from pics (haven't gone to see it yet), but it has the 4 12v setup. The seller is not the original owner and says batteries are good but doesn't know how old they are. The are definitely older judging by the pics. I've read about the conversion on here but don't see a tally of the cost.

Does the battery setup make that huge of a difference and is the conversion costly if there is a huge difference. I don't play golf but we go camping and like to ride around the bigger campgrounds throughout the day and evening.

I can get the cart for about $2000. Just dont know if I should keep looking for a 6 8v setup, buy this one and convert, or just buy it and keep it as a 4 12v?

Any opinions? Thanks.
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2015, 07:12 PM   #2
flkeysdude359
Gone Wild
Club Car

Talking Re: 2007 Club Car advice

If you really want a 6x8 battery pack, you might consider a mid 2008 Club Car Precedent. In mid 2008, CC introduced a new battery tub in the Precedent which would accommodate either a 4x12 or 6x8 setup. I purchased my 2008.5 with 4x12 batteries and am in the process of converting to 6x8. The cost to make the change includes the batteries, several new cables (unless you upgrade to heavier cables) and (2) new battery hold downs. Otherwise, it's a "free" upgrade. Here's some reading material:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-part-1-a.html

On the other hand, if you would like to do the conversion on a DS, you might find this interesting:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...onversion.html

Good luck with your endeavor...hope this helps...!!!
flkeysdude359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 07:46 PM   #3
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2007 Club Car advice

flkeysdude, thanks for the info. I had seen the second thread but not the first one you listed. Seems like it's prolly not much to swap. I like the Precedent and their much easier to find around here, but really wanted a DS. I found a 2002 DS for a little more but it's 6-8v, has the rear seat and lights which I would have had to add to the 2007. I'm gonna check out the 2002 and get it if its clean. Otherwise will probably go get the 2007. again thanks for the help.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:14 PM   #4
alwhite00
Gone Wild
Club Car

make sure to post some pics when you get one, good luck.
alwhite00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 12:15 PM   #5
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thanks and I will.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:12 PM   #6
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Smile Re: 2007 Club Car advice

Personally I have had no issue with the four 12v system on several carts that I have owned and sold. My friends that bought these carts also have no issues with one cart have batteries that are over 5 years old and the other coming up on 4 years. Check the date code stamped into the lead next to the post...the letter indicates the month the numbers indicate the year...I have said this before and I will say it again...4 good T1275 Trojan batteries will get the job done!
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:56 PM   #7
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Boss, thanks for the info. If the 6 8v cart doesn't look good, I haven't written off the 4 12v I found. It's a good price I believe. I just want the longest run times I can get. We ride around the farm and at campgrounds and don't always have an opportunity to charge mid day... Plus it looks likes for longest life out of batteries once you put it on a charger you want to leave it there until it's fully charged...
Old 05-31-2015, 06:29 PM   #8
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

In case anyone should wonder if I want the longest run times I can get, why not get gas? Well the campgrounds we frequent don't allow gas. Electric only. Had a gas ezgo that I bough in 2009 when I joined and it was great. Sold it for a sxs but after 5 years has less use for it. So now full circle back to a golf cart but need electric this go around. And from reading threads the speeds are way more than I need... Lol... I'm a young guy but I'm fine cruising at slower speeds. Having it on tap would be nice though...
Old 05-31-2015, 06:32 PM   #9
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
.... Plus it looks likes for longest life out of batteries once you put it on a charger you want to leave it there until it's fully charged...
Generally yes but any charge is always better than no charge...

From what I've gleaned from this site while the extra cap the 6 battery gives you is desirable the 4 battery carts do quite well within reason and frequent charging....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 06:39 PM   #10
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Teecro, thanks. I'll take all the info I can. Nothing is off the table... I know I want an electric CC DS. 6 or 4 batteries is not a deciding point so far. Appreciate any help or info...

Is there a way to check a charger in a parking lot? Meeting a guy in a strip mall parking lot but think I can plug it in to a stores external outlet but prolly not to the cart at the same time... Can I check it with my multi meter?

Tags
12volt, 8volt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car