lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2015, 09:41 AM   #11
gregm227
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1979 solenoid question

Ok another dumb question..currently my negative lead goes to the 1st solenoid like the first diagram...should I direct connect like in the f/r diagram and take the lead from the left side of the rotor and put that to where the negative lead was???? Driving me nuts!!!!!!
gregm227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2015, 10:30 AM   #12
crash test dummy

wire it like first diagram
then all you need to do is add a 6g wire to lugs at the bottom of f/r switch as in diagram
the other wiring shown ( f/r switch) is for a different year cart
Old 08-21-2015, 10:43 AM   #13
gregm227
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Did that and not getting any power to the ignition...I was with the old switch but not now...I've had 3 other people recheck and it's wired like the 83 diagram with the bottom jumped and they all show 36 volts...just not getting power to the ignition which then would feed the microswitch..
Old 08-21-2015, 10:47 AM   #14
crash test dummy

ok ... power comes off positive side of f/r switch to key to micro switch ... check those wires and the key switch .. if all good then check micro switch
Old 09-24-2015, 02:55 PM   #15
gregm227
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Well I finally had to run a wire to the ignition, now I'm back to square one. When I step on the accelerator the solenoids click and sometimes it will move but not often and not for long. Solenoids tested good..new forward reverse switch wired to spec and new micro switch....any other advise..I finally got a break to work on it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car