lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2015, 02:38 PM   #11
healy61
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: No go... again

Crash, if I use the jumper cables do I still disconnect every thing or just isolate to one battery? the sweet corn fest was in Zellwood not z...hills got my z's mixed up, lol
healy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2015, 04:17 PM   #12
crash test dummy

i always do just to be safe
Old 10-13-2015, 06:13 PM   #13
healy61
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Crash, with jumper cables do I need to disconnect all the cables on the motor or just isolate to one battery? the sweet corn fest. was in Zellwood got my Z,s confused. lol
Ya , I've had 4 back surgeries already have to be careful. That cart helps me get around so I really appreciate all your help!
Old 10-13-2015, 07:30 PM   #14
crash test dummy

i always take off all cables when i test a motor ( use 2 wrenches on motor studs)
the jumper cables just make it ezer to test
Old 10-15-2015, 07:13 AM   #15
healy61
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well finally was able to test the motor and I'm happy as clam it runs.
Now what else can it possibly be? Need to run to a Dr. appointment this morning be back later. TY
Old 10-15-2015, 11:08 AM   #16
crash test dummy

test all solenoids

solenoid test
Quote:
Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery. remove all wires, restorer , and diode from solenoid
test 1
Connect an volt meter, set on continuity, place on the two large terminal studs. The meter should indicate no continuity, Replace the solenoid if continuity is present.
test 2
Using jumper wires attach from main positive and main negative of battery pack to the two small solenoid studs, polarity is not important. You should hear a click as the solenoid engages, and the meter should indicate continuity on the two large terminals. Replace the solenoid if continuity is not present.
if solenoid clicks rapidly solenoid is bad
Old 10-15-2015, 06:20 PM   #17
healy61
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have everything disconnected and the first two solenoids out. I noticed that the second solenoid the pos. connection seemed loose, but I'll go ahead pull the rest and reconnect everything else and test all of them, fortunately I have all the old ones if one is needed. The journey is slow but we'll get there sooner or later. TY
Old 10-15-2015, 07:37 PM   #18
crash test dummy

yea but it will be worth it YW

if all test good then while they are out you can test the micros in the speed box by putting DVM on continuity and one probe on the small yellow wire to solenoids and then attach the other probe to each small wire in turn , that goes to solenoids
press pedal up and down you should see continuity on each wire as it clicks
if not you have a micro switch dead ,
with cart not going at all i would say the first switch would be the one to test first and may be bad

also inspect the coils
Old 10-15-2015, 08:18 PM   #19
healy61
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Crash, that was my first thought when it died, about the first mirco switch because I was spraying the fence line with roundup going real slow and the yellow wire to the speed controller is connected to the terminal that was loose and fried the wires. I tried to check the coils when I was taking the solenoids but was getting to dark couldn't put my hands on a flashlight, I bead blasted them last year when I replaced everything.
everything was new but the coils, motor and key switch. see what we find tomorrow, have a good night!
Old 10-16-2015, 06:07 PM   #20
healy61
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Had rain today but managed to get the rest of solenoids out and all tested good, got all of them back in and reconnected. Still have to change back to new f/r switch and pull the battery out to get to the speed controller. Back was wore out. I took the old speed controller apart and that first micro switch looks pretty worn to, the little paddle is half burnt/corroded thru. hope to check the new controller out tomorrow.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car