lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2015, 02:01 PM   #11
4horseman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: New (To me) 48v Club Car

You all were correct, it was the MCOR. I ordered the new MCOR conversion kit from Revolution Golf Cars, installed it, and WOW, what a difference. No more power drops, and pedal responsiveness is much better.

I also ordered a high speed magnet, and I installed that as well with a little advice from David Hicks, who talked me through getting the bearing retainer re-secured. Evidently someone in the car's past removed the screws that held it and never replaced them, so the retainer was just flopping around on the shaft. I thought I had heard a clanging back there, so that must have been it.

With the new MCOR and magnet, the car is faster now, and for the first time since I've had it, pedal down motor braking engages slowing me down.

What is the normal speed setting from the factory? I don't need to go much faster, and I don't want to lose torque, but I'm considering bumping to the next level.

Thanks
4horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-01-2015, 09:50 AM   #12
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

How fast is it going?
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 12:42 PM   #13
4horseman
Not Yet Wild

Top speed 18 mph, then the motor starts restricting and it slows down to about 11 mph before acceleration re-engages.

Once yesterday and again today it went into limp mode after one of these "restricting" events, and I switched it into tow ode, removed the speed sensor, reattached it, and then flipped it back to run, and the speed was back to 18.

New speed sensor needed???
4horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 06:44 PM   #14
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Yes. Don't buy the cheap Chinese one!
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 07:50 PM   #15
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

tahoedawgz71/
Site sponsor sells the good ones. His info is in his signature.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car