lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2016, 04:54 PM   #1
ptbp12
Not Yet Wild

Default club cart fuse blows instantly

Not sure on the year but its a club car turf 1. it has the Kawasaki fe290 d engine. and as soon as i turn the key to the on position the single 10 amp fuse blows instantly and nothing happens. engine doesnt try to turn the fuel gauge and oil lamp doesnt flicker. no sounds at all.

I think i may have a short somewhere on the circuit? i took a quick look at the wires but couldnt see any bare wires rubbing anywhere. Could it be the ignition switch or the solenoid? or would it most likely be a bare wire on that key switch circuit that i have over looked. Thanks for any help.
ptbp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-17-2016, 09:38 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: club cart fuse blows instantly

Several things it could be. Is this a cart you've had a while, or one you just got? More likely than the ignition switch or solenoid being bad is someone hooking up wires in the wrong places. There is a sticky on the page that has a wiring diagram that should be pretty representative of anything with an FE290 engine. Take a look and see if the wiring looks like the diagram before we go any further.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-diagrams.html
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 11:41 PM   #3
ptbp12
Not Yet Wild

It's my mom's cart and she's had it for a few years now. It had sat all winter in her garage and today I changed the oil spark plug and fuel filters. Didn't touch anything electrical except the plug. It had ran fine up until this spring. Next time I'm out there I'll look and find out the year and try and sort through the wiring diagram. Seems odd its just been sitting inside for past few months. Is there any culprits on these carts that are known to go bad?
ptbp12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 06:20 AM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'd have to lean toward the ignition switch wiring then, if it's blowing the fuse upon just turning the key. most of the electrical on the cart (starter, solenoid, charging system, ignition coil, rpm limiter, etc) shouldn't even be powered up till you step on the pedal.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 03:28 PM   #5
ericandrews331@msn.com
Gone Wild

When in doubt start at the beginning rewire the entire thing, will cost you about $30 to be sure from the switch to the starter generator you are definitely grounding out
ericandrews331@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car