lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2016, 05:37 PM   #1
Johnnysilver
Not Yet Wild

Default 96 club car won't start please help!

ok so i just got this cart and i replaced the solenoid,battery,spark plugs and micro switches i can get the cart to turn over but it won't start i have a spark and noticed that the rev limiters brown wire was cut as long as the 3 black wires that got to it I'm thinking its something electrical thats wrong also the white black wire that runs from the micro switch to the ignition switch is also disconnected i tried connecting it but it blows the fuse every time i turn the key I'm lost i hope someone can help!
Johnnysilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2016, 05:40 PM   #2
Johnnysilver
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 96 club car won't start please help!

if i had some type of wiring diagram for the 3 black wires coming from the rev limiter that would help i can't seem to find one anywhere
Old 04-27-2016, 05:54 PM   #3
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

You have spark or "a" spark?. If you have repetitive spark the electrical isn't what keeps it from running. Might be low compression or fuel delivery. If you have just one spark, then you have a Col or igniter problem. Blowing fuses when you connect the white / black wire suggests you are hooking it up in the wrong position. I believe that wire should be a ground.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:01 PM   #4
Johnnysilver
Not Yet Wild

i have a continuous spark and it looks like the 3 black wires around the rev limiter all hook together and run up to the coil the black white wire also runs to the back by the starter but i don't know where to connect it
Old 04-27-2016, 06:05 PM   #5
Johnnysilver
Not Yet Wild

i am getting fuel to the carb and the spark plug i noticed if i turn the ignition key then try and put it in forward or reverse it will just cut off is that normal?
Old 04-27-2016, 06:24 PM   #6
Johnnysilver
Not Yet Wild

heres a picture of the wires disconnect near the rpm limiter
Old 04-28-2016, 07:59 AM   #7
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

The middle one of the black wires in your picture, the one that goes behind the plate that rpmlimiter mounts up against, is actually the igniter wire. That has to be connected. As to your question about eveything shutting off in fwd or rev, i suspect you've got it in maintenance mode. On the engine compartment side of the shifter are those two micro switches. The switches are activated by a plastic cam wheel right below them. If you gently pull back on that cam wheel (it's spring loaded) and turn the cam wheel 180 degrees the cams with activate the switches in fwd & rev instead of neutral. That mechanism is there to help working with the running engine while.the cart is.standing.still.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car