lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2016, 08:06 PM   #1
Dog Hunter
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO stopped abruptly 1 mile from starting

Typical bad day at work and ready for a quiet GC ride to check game cameras at 6:00 P.M. Mix a whiskey drink, wife gets on with laptop and away we go bitching about our day at work. One mile into our daily ride I am listening intently about HER hard day at work. All of a sudden...BAAAMMM... GC stopped moving. Me being the Butthole that I am said, "Your day may have just gotten worse. Well to make a long story kinda short. While I'm trying to find the simple electrical problem she drinks my dang whiskey drink. I call my son to tow us home and start googling what the issue may be. I looked on the web a few hours last night and a couple hours today. From what I found I did the following today!!

Checked solenoid using OHM readings.

Large terminal check,,,

Checked readings on Large post with all wires removed with key off and in neutral. Reading was 0...... Turn key on put in FWD and press pedal. No click of solenoid and reading was 0.

Small terminal check with voltage...

Always had a zero reading no matter what I did until I reattached all the wires to th Large posts. I also have a capacitor going from one large post to the other. When solenoid would click I would get 36.7 v across small posts. Not knowing what to do next I decided to check the motor for power.

Checking voltage to motor!!!,!

I put meter on large post going motor. When wife would push pedal I would read 36.7ish volts. Had a hard time laying on back, trying to read meter and hold the leads steady.

Conclusion of this loooooong post!!!

I'm new to troubleshooting GC problems!! Bet most of u would have never guessed that. I am just as far away today in understanding what is wrong with my GC as I was Yesterday. So any guidance u can offer I will be obliged! Hopefully this post was entertaining enough to get some responses!!! Thanks in advance.
Dog Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2016, 08:08 PM   #2
Dog Hunter
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO stopped abruptly 1 mile from starting

Typical bad day at work and ready for a quiet GC ride to check game cameras at 6:00 P.M. Mix a whiskey drink, wife gets on with laptop and away we go bitching about our day at work. One mile into our daily ride I am listening intently about HER hard day at work. All of a sudden...BAAAMMM... GC stopped moving. Me being the Butthole that I am said, "Your day may have just gotten worse. Well to make a long story kinda short. While I'm trying to find the simple electrical problem she drinks my dang whiskey drink. I call my son to tow us home and start googling what the issue may be. I looked on the web a few hours last night and a couple hours today. From what I found I did the following today!!

Checked solenoid using OHM readings.

Large terminal check,,,

Checked readings on Large post with all wires removed with key off and in neutral. Reading was 0...... Turn key on put in FWD and press pedal. No click of solenoid and reading was 0.

Small terminal check with voltage...

Always had a zero reading no matter what I did until I reattached all the wires to th Large posts. I also have a capacitor going from one large post to the other. When solenoid would click I would get 36.7 v across small posts. Not knowing what to do next I decided to check the motor for power.

Checking voltage to motor!!!,!

I put meter on large post going motor. When wife would push pedal I would read 36.7ish volts. Had a hard time laying on back, trying to read meter and hold the leads steady.

Conclusion of this loooooong post!!!

I'm new to troubleshooting GC problems!! Bet most of u would have never guessed that. I am just as far away today in understanding what is wrong with my GC as I was Yesterday. So any guidance u can offer I will be obliged! Hopefully this post was entertaining enough to get some responses!!! Thanks in advance.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:14 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Can you ID the drive system from the flow chart ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo TXT drive system ID.jpg (205.7 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:38 PM   #4
Dog Hunter
Not Yet Wild

It is too fuzzy for my inexperienced eyes to see. I can tell u this. The sticker that I THINK is supposed to tell u the year of cart is on the frame between batteries and motor under back seat. Last numbers are 07.. So thinking I have a2007 erzgo cart. The controller has a P/N number of 73326g07. S/N 7134-220653. Fwd/ rvs switch on dash.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:47 PM   #5
Dog Hunter
Not Yet Wild

Finally focused in!! Pds system for sure. Has run/tow switch
Old 09-29-2016, 10:05 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

3 different drive systems have a run tow switch..... how do you shift F&R and what is the manufacture code ?
Old 09-30-2016, 05:05 AM   #7
Dog Hunter
Not Yet Wild

Manufacturer code was for speed controller. Shift from fwd/neutral/rev on dash by key.
Old 09-30-2016, 05:08 AM   #8
Dog Hunter
Not Yet Wild

I can also make out the letters TXT PDS on frame sticker.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:42 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The manufacture code would tell us the yr of the cart. Is the cart 36v or 48v?
Old 09-30-2016, 08:04 AM   #10
Dog Hunter
Not Yet Wild

36v. The sticker where I got this info is in terrible shape.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO